Saigon Retires From Hip-Hop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEV1LL4N

Saigon Retires From Hip-Hop?
Published: Monday - November 19, 2007

Is Saigon done with rapping? Yes, according to a blog he posted on his MySpace page on Monday (November 19) titled "I QUIT........"

The rapper, whose long awaited album The Greatest Story Never Told has been repeatedly pushed back for years, unleashed his frustrations with the rap game and media calling both "fake."

"I've realized now that so many people have gotten into hip-hop, whether the business aspect or otherwise, it's not really for me anymore," Sai wrote.

"F--- this bum ass rap game anyway. It's full of fake ass n----s who pump poison to the kids, make a few dollars and act like they're larger then life when they know their music is detrimental to their f---ing communities," the rapper continued in his rant. "If it ain't about sex, it's about drugs or violence. Where are the songs about getting an education, or being responsible parents and sh--, or stopping the gang violence? This sh-- is sickening... I'm done... SAIGON IS DEAD..."

During his rather lengthy post, Saigon explained that he is fed up with how the media only creates stories about him when there is controversy. For example, he said that when he says comments toward another rapper, it's all over the internet, but when it comes to his music, it's not as big a story.

"If I woulda said, 'I'll slap John Hardy Hawkins' for his role in the slave trade, would never put it in boldface or re-run it 1,000 times," explains the rapper. "But If I say 'I'll slap a rapper or something,' its the headline news of the day. That's ass backwards to me, so I'm done...

"Should I say I'll slap a rapper, so they run and put it in all their news section and gossip columns?" asked Saigon as he continued. "Okay, 'I'll slap the sh-- outta EVERY Rapper.' How's that? I QUIT, now I gotta figure out how I'm gonna break this to Just Blaze..."

As far as his music, he went on to say that he's left enough music behind to his satisfaction, and to prove he was "good at rapper," which is all he "ever wanted out of it."

He says there is "No more interviews, no more mixtapes, no nothing..."

Despite having a buzzing single with "Come on Baby," there is currently no release date for The Greatest Story Never Told. And with Sai's revelation of retirement from rap, it looks like it might not ever see the light of day.

Only time will tell if this retirement announcement will last.

To read his blog post in its entirety, visit his MySpace page here.

Source-ballerstatus

retire?his album didn't even come out.how the hell u gonna retire like that?
if it's label problems just put out mixtapes or go indie route.ras kass had problems with his albums and he didn't retire.sai is not even trying.what a dweeb
but he does have a point though,i'll give him that much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.