Saigon - opinions

What do you think about New York emcee Saigon? initially I thought he was a very hot lyricist and I was excited when I heard he was working with some hot names.

Based on what I've heard from his recent mixtape joints, I'm not anticipating him as much...opinions?

On a different note 'Head Of State' - Papoose feat. Saigon is fire.

ARon

Yeah I still listen to his shit but Roaches said it good, I'd be surprised to see an album from him anytime soon.

When I first started listening to Saigon I had high expectations, I still bump Favourite Things and The Colour Purple on a regular basis.

It's clear dude lacks consistancy though, Come Again and a host of other joints he's dropped recently are just wack.

7 Syns

It just isn't the same is it? Back in the days the atmosphere of a new comer was exciting, he'd spit a few freestyles. Have a couple mixtapes perhaps out and then boom out came his solo debut or group debut which ever came first. These days it seems you have to have 1000 mixtapes which by the end of it, drains your lyrical abilities because by the time a solo comes out you've already said everything you know. Thats why so many debuts these days suck.

And thats why only special emcee's really stand out.

Saigon isn't one however.

peace.

^ I thoroughly agree.

A plethora of rappers suffer from overexposure and Saigon has definately been one of them in my books. When I heard he was going to be working with Just Blaze my anticipation went through the roof and now I couldn't care less.

7 Syns said:
It just isn't the same is it? Back in the days the atmosphere of a new comer was exciting, he'd spit a few freestyles. Have a couple mixtapes perhaps out and then boom out came his solo debut or group debut which ever came first. These days it seems you have to have 1000 mixtapes which by the end of it, drains your lyrical abilities because by the time a solo comes out you've already said everything you know. Thats why so many debuts these days suck.

And thats why only special emcee's really stand out.

Saigon isn't one however.

peace.
I hope that won't be the case with Crooked when or if his debut ever comes out.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.