Saigon Cuts Ties With Atlantic: "I'm Happier Than I've Been"

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
After watching his debut album get pushed back for almost four years, Brooklyn rapper Saigon has severed ties with Atlantic Records.

Saigon signed to Atlantic in late 2004 and the release of his debut album (The Greatest Story Never Told) was continuously delayed. He only managed to release two official singles, “Pain In My Life” and “Come On Baby.”

Saigon made the revelation of his departure from Atlantic to Billboard claiming that the label had a different direction for his music and he received no support.

“It's not like I didn't want to put out music,” explained Saigon. “But Atlantic wanted me to do ringtone songs but they didn't sign me as a ringtone artist.”

“They gave me $18,000 to shoot the video for 'Pain In My Life' and I'm seeing Plies get $100,000 and Lupe [Fiasco] get $150,000,” he continued. “What the f*ck? Those artists are friends of mine, but now I'm happier than I've been in a minute.”

Saigon revealed he is currently in negotiations with various major labels and will be releasing seven viral videos in the coming weeks.

“I'm not that excited about going to a major label,” Saigon says. “They would have to make it so I'm set for the rest of my life. They want too much for the little that they're giving.”

Saigon, who had a recurring role on HBO's Entourage, also revealed he may be returning to show in its upcoming season.

Source: Sixshot.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.