Sage Francis...

New album dropped recently.. What are peoples thoughts on it? Personally, I haven't given it a proper listen, in other words I heard it, but didnt give it my full attention while it was playing. But it was sounding pretty damn good to me.

.. IMO Sage requires a refined taste, and sometimes i can listen to his stuff and at other times i dont feel it much.

Anyways thoughts on the new album?.. whats ur Favorite Sage album? .. or any other comments on dude?

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
u can ignore this post, but for a second i thought this thread title read Suge's Fiance hahaha i was like what.. this is news

but ya never heard of this rapper man...

define a hip hop hippy for me.. and what makes him a douchebag?

-is it cuz he's a white rapper, that isnt afraid to be himself?
-is it cuz he's not afraid to stray away from the norm, and be creative with his music?
-is it cuz he has some unconventional, yet some of the dopest production in hip hop?
-is it cuz he can emcee better than most "hood niggas" but he's a white rocker lookin dude?

.. I dont understand how ppl cant respect his music. I understand if u dont like him, like i said it takes a very refined taste in music to listen to him, so i dont expect alot of ppl to say Sage is their favorite... But u cant deny that guys got talent, and he's one of the emcees out there that is always creative as an artist with every record he does.

~peace

roaches

Maybe people don't respect his music because he's a pompous, neurotic ass who generally makes pretentious, contrived music, has a horrible flow, and comes from a strain of hip-hop that's the closest thing to the invasion people who used to be scared of Eminem worried about. I guess he has some interesting ideas and he clearly spends time on his lyrics, but as an MC (in the Master of Ceremonies, Moving Crowds sense) he's just terrible. In his recordings, his writing, his interviews, and his performances he comes across as the fatass pizza-faced kid who smells bad and thinks he's better than everyone else in the computer lab he spends lunch period in because his dad makes him play JV football and who found a new ego because last night a girl kissed him.

He has a couple of all right songs, though.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.