Sacramento King's Ron Artest drops rap album at end of month

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Sacramento Kings player Ron Artest says he’s preparing to face scrutiny with the release of his first hip hop album, My World, on Oct. 31.

"I've got music to be heard. Obviously, some people will judge me from my past. But I can make music. I want everyone to know about my life and relate to me, and see that I'm very approachable and easygoing."

On the album, Artest reportedly raps about world issues, club partying and his role in the infamous "basketbrawl" in Detroit when he was an Indiana Pacer.

"When people actually listen to the album, they'll say to themselves, 'Wow, I didn't know that he felt this way,'" Artest said. "It's like I'm a totally different person on this album."

But will hip hop heads take him seriously? The genre has not been kind toward other ballers who have attempted to rock the mic, including Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson and Shaquille O’Neal.

"People don't understand that my street credibility is a whole lot bigger than most in the industry today," Artest said. "If I had more push, then everyone will see the results."

His recent tours may help. This year, he performed during the popular Hot 97 Summer Jam festival in New York, opened for rapper Fat Joe on a European tour, and was the beginning act for platinum-plus selling artists Ludacris and Young Jeezy.

"Ron's a hustling-type guy," Jeezy said. "He jumped on the road with me and went after his dreams. I've seen him go out on numerous shows and do his thing. When his album drops, I'm going to pick it up."

yea ive downloaded some of his shit and its gay
all he talks about is how girls like him for his defensive POY awards...
lame.
i think both iverson and kobe are good, shaq blows.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.