Ruthless Records Returns With Fresh Roster

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Ruthless Records celebrates its 20th anniversary this year with five new acts under a re-negotiated distribution deal with Sony/RED, reports Billboard.com.

As previously reported, the new Ruthless roster includes R&B singer/songwriter Na'Shay, bilingual pop singer/musician/actress Agina, rapper/songwriter/producer Hopsin, party/dance trio Street Runnaz Click (comprised of the Trillest Beatz, Free Sinatra and J-Riva) and rapper Stevie Stone.

All five acts made their industry debut during Urban Network magazine's 18th annual Entertainment-Marketing Summit in Newport Beach, Calif. (March 26-29).

"We have a good mix here that represents the next generation," Ruthless president/CEO Tomica Woods-Wright tells Billboard. "These are hard-working and focused acts who will give us a good jump to keep us going another 20 years and then some. It's not necessarily about looking for fame and stardom. It's about a team striving for the same thing: sustaining success through nurturing strong singer/songwriters, producers and business people."

Woods-Wright has been running the label since the 1995 death of her husband, N.W.A. founding member Eric "Eazy-E" Wright. Rapper/producer Wright was a native of Compton, Calif. who died of AIDS at the age of 31. He established Ruthless in 1987 with $7,000 of his own money and 5,000 12-inch records of his single "Boyz N the Hood."

Source: EURweb.com

Snowman

Tomica Wright needs to release the remaining Eazy-E material.

i know he recorded more songs. she needs to quit sitting on it.

the new Ruthlesss? Yeah right

I would love to see it but I know the talent won't be Ruthless. thast why it went belly up in the first place. Don't nobody want to hear some r&b bullshit come out of Ruthless. Can somebody please sit Tomica down and tell her she is fuckin' up. that was not a good coming deal at all. Tell her to actually go to Compton or any other hood and find some real street hop.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.