Russell Simmons will make black America financially responsible!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Come hell or high water, Russell Simmons is on a mission to get young African Americans across the U.S. to manage their money wisely.

Speaking to about 1,500 people at Morris Brown College Saturday during his Hip Hop Summit Action Network tour, the rap mogul stressed the importance of placing credit stability and financial planning above spending money on material items.

"They don't need to just pay attention to the bling," he said. "Rappers spending countless money are on television. But in real life, these artists are very responsible with their money."

Jermaine Dupri, Ludacris, Paul Wall and various financial advisers were also on hand to speak about financial empowerment.

A 182-page booklet, half in English and half in Spanish, was given out in a gift bag to everyone who attended the summit. The book included the importance of home ownership, credit repair, entrepreneurship and vehicle financing.

S. Fourteen

I remember JD owed the IRS couple of mills. I personally think that there's another problem at hand when people need to go to a summit to get educated on how to spend their money.

ArtsyGirl

Yeah but a lot of young people dont save, and dont realise what it takes to get to the level Russell is. Its just a good thing these guys are talking about it, someone is bound to listen and if that changes the way they deal with their money that will trickle down to their kids and so on. I know my parents didnt manage money very well and all my brothers havent learnt the art of saving. It can and will help, I garantee it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.