Russell Simmons Explains Child Support, Calls Kimora "An Excellent Mother"

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
After news broke about the amount Russell Simmons will have to pay monthly child support of $40,000 to his ex-wife Kimora Lee Simmons, the hip-hop pioneer decided to speak out about it and seems to be OK with the arrangement.

In a statement sent to Bossip.com, Russ addressed several topics regarding his daughters. The one most people were surprised about is the money.

"My kids live a tremendous life," he said. "They do have lots of security, nannies, educators, special programs, travel, chefs, on and on. Their mother manages all of those luxuries and I'm happy to provide for that."

And despite court documents stating he'd have supervised visits, he explained that it's just a precaution because he doesn't travel with security like his ex.

"I've also seen a lot about people reading into the supervised visits stipulation. Kimora travels with a security guard and a nanny. In the past, she's gotten really nervous that I never travel with security, so if it makes her more comfortable to have her security and a nanny with us when I'm with my kid. That's OK with me," he said.

While it has been played out in the media as if the ex-couple are bitter over the divorce and custody of their children, Russell downplayed all the speculation, and even complimented Kimora on being a good mother.

"The fact is, we've had a pretty good partnership at sharing the girls in the past," Russell explained. "There have been a few bumps in the road, and those bumps have led us to negotiate a minimum amount of time I'm guaranteed to see my kids."

"I want to say Kimora is a excellent mother and is doing a great job with them," he later concluded.

Source: BallerStatus.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.