Run DMC=Punk rap?

Some guy over this one board saying Run DMC is a punk rap and its not a regular rap. he saying that they go in 'punk rap' cathegory not in regular rap cathegory.

how true is that?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
By the way what is punk rap? I've never heard of a music genre called punk rap. Not even a common used genre, like hip-pop.

I have no idea what punk rap is but my close guess would be like rap thats lil more rockish. rap music but it has rock music mixed to it.

maybe he got the idea they being punk rap because they did remix song 'walk this way' or somethin like that with rock group.

he gives this verse from one of Run DMC's songs i guess.
'm never alone, I'm in a zone and stoned
I never leave home without my microphone
I break backbones like a stone, I roam
I knick knack paddy wack and give a dog a bone
Like Al Capone I am a dog, I foam
at the mouth, shout it out when I groan in tone
I go Uptown, I come back home
(With who?) "Me, myself and my microphone

and then he goes to say listen to "my adidas'' song and realize its not a regular rap, its more like punk rap.

roaches

By the way what is punk rap? I've never heard of a music genre called punk rap. Not even a common used genre, like hip-pop.
The pioneers of the term "punk rap" are cows, who invented it after a trip to colonblow.com, similar to how "hip-pop" and "real hip-hop" were invented after giving cows Ex-Lax.

rock and punk are two completely different things :D

run-dmc is hip hop end of story

LOL @ Neptunes being punk rap

punk is about going against the grain and speaking out, if there was such a thing as "Punk Rap" I'd say Saul Williams would probably be the best example

Cown

Run DMC is old school, can't nobody fuck with that shit, and the motherfucka that made that statement should have a dick stuffed down his throat.

Peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.