Rukas - 100 Drunk Bars

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
www.myspace.com/rukas

Just heard it on his myspace, it's dope. It has a drunk/pissed off swagger flow on it, it's a little bit of back and forth with it, in some ways similar to Nas' One Mic flow, but in shorter turns. I dunno how to explain it.

Newayz, the links on his page, yall should peep it. :thumb:
Hip Hop - is a dope track too.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
what bout him sounds austrailian?

I'll hand that to Rukas, I've said it before, dude doesn't have the accent shit that ruins listening to foreign rappers for me. 2nd post this year?

7 Syns

Songs alright. I don't really think the song has a drunken/staggered vibe. Plus it sounds hella like Phrase.

The accent is unfortunately the catch 22 here. Sure Ruk can bust no doubting that but the fact remains he is in Australia and the moment you hide your accent when rhyming is the moment people start giving it to you here especially the die hard Oz-Hop fans. Silly isn't it? I haven't seen anyone blow up yet in Australia who lives in Australia and doesn't use an Australian accent. J Wells doesn't count either.

I remember last year hearing some kid from Perth with this crazy flow on the radio. He however was trying to rhyme in a more American accent and after the song finished the radio people were giving it to the kid. The song was dope as shhh but I guess in a place were hip-hop is still fetal it's very touch & go.

peac3.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
^^ Get out of Brisbane :D You needa get to Sydney, good Hip-Hop is taking off there like crazy, all the NZ cats in Sydney now too.

I sound nothing like Phraze, and he's one of the homies, but we sound NOTHING alike at all, to begin with, he rhymes using an Australian accent, has a totally different flow and vocal tone.

http://www.myspace.com/bigphrase For anyone interested, he's dope.

Anyway thanks for the comments from all involved. More dope ish coming very soon belllllieve me...

7 Syns

^^ Get out of Brisbane :D You needa get to Sydney, good Hip-Hop is taking off there like crazy, all the NZ cats in Sydney now too.
It all sounds dope to me. I'm fine here in Brisbane the more quiet environment gives me a lot more thinking space. I wanna do something original bro but fuse it with that old school feeling thats why I try to keep myself distant from most rapper's NZ'er or Australian at the moment. I get plenty of opportunities to work with a lot of talented cats but everyone deep down sounds stagnant and similar. "i'll do this and that if you do this and that, cause everyone knows ima this and that".

But yeah your sound is coming along nicely.

peac3.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Listened....

Loving the beat..... Flow is on point....

I think it's a massive improvement.... Can't see where the criticism is coming from. Good job.

_carmi

me, myself & us
dope track. nice flow and nice beat. hip hop is a tight track too.

i have a question ruk, are you some kind of celebrity over there in australia or not yet? just asking cause you know i aint living in australia so i wouldnt know.

and 7 syns rap?!

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
I know you don't try to resemble anyone but there are a few parts in that song where I thought it was T.I. for a minute, probably cuz I heard a T.I. song before it, I can't put the name to the song, it was just a shuffle, but if I do remember it, I'll let u know.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.