Royce "Street Hop" and Joe Budden "The Great Escape" Album Discussion Thread

THEV1LL4N

Albums are going to be out very soon september 25th, and february 2010 (thought it was supposed to be october... only just checked it, must have been pushed back).

discuss your thoughts on what you think it will be like, what you expect from the releases and so on.

also, crooked i's "mr pig face weapon waist" is due along with "free agent" by joell ortiz.

discuss.

THEV1LL4N

the tracklisting for "Street Hop" has leaked:

Tracklist:

1. Gun Harmonizing (Produced by Emile)
2. Count For Nothing (Produced by Streetrunner)
3. Soldier (Feat. Kid Vishis)
4. Something 2 Ride (Feat. Phonte)
5. Dinner Time (Feat. Busta Rhymes)
6. Far Away
7. The Warriors (Feat. Slaughterhouse) (Produced by Streetrunner)
8. A Brief Intermission (Skit)
9. Gimme Money
10. Gangsta (Feat. Trick Trick)
11. Shake This (Produced by DJ Premier)
12. Mine In Thiz
13. Street Hop (Produced by Six July)
14. Thing For Your Girlfriend (Hoe Jack) (Feat. Kay Young)
15. Bad Boy (Feat. Jungle Rock Jr.)
16. Take You There (Feat. Melanie Rutherford)
17. Part Of Me (Produced by Carlos Broady)
18. Love From The Hood (Feat. Bun B & Joell Ortiz) (Produced by DJ Premier)

the last track with bun b and joell is produced by premo - cant wait for that one. some good features and good producers.

all 4 tracks from the revival ep appear in this tracklist.

THEV1LL4N

Heard alot of those tracks on Royce's album before.
6 tracks max, thats a third of the album. but when it drops its not gonna be like the album will be a huge surprise because we would have heard 6 out of 18 songs already and that's if no more leak leading up to the release or the leak of the album.

Casey

Staff member
No offence to Royce, but those track titles are so cliched they read like "How to make a hip-hop album 101".

I mean, seriously?

Soldier? Gimmie Money? Shake This? Gangsta?

It's damn near parody.

i read somewhere that crook's album has been pushed back pending the clearance of the song with snoop.... no surprise there.... this man has horrible luck with albums

THEV1LL4N

i see what you mean casey. im sure royce already had a song called gangsta before. but then again its the song that matters more than the title.

speaking of snoop, the new death row owner is going to release the unreleased material from the vault. hopefully that wont be pushed back and we can expect it to drop on 13th october.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
No offence to Royce, but those track titles are so cliched they read like "How to make a hip-hop album 101".

I mean, seriously?

Soldier? Gimmie Money? Shake This? Gangsta?

It's damn near parody.
Agreed. Although 'Shake this' has nothing to do with shaking rumps!

thats a dope tracklisting...... that bun b n joell songs gotta be dope
The songs already leaked.

THEV1LL4N

i dont think i want to hear the leaked songs until i get the full album.

speaking about full albums, the story i told about the other day when i went into hmv and asked about the slaughterhouse album being released and the employee said "what are they called? the slaughtermen?" only to find out that the album wasnt ordered for the store and was in fact "released some time in june". i looked online at hmv today and they have it available, but only as a download and there's extra songs on the tracklist. it is incorrect, incomplete and has other songs which ive not heard of.

THEV1LL4N

whats taking so long with crooked's EP?

shady need to put some cashis out. that loose cannon album "art of dying" now i think its called has taken FOREVER to come out taking into account that they were nearly going to release it within a few months at the time.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.