Royce Da 5'9'' - Independent's Day

His latest album is actually better than I expected. What do you guys think? Some of the songs aren't great though, however, most of the songs are pretty good. My favorite track is paranoia which really shows Royce's lyrical skills off. Overall, the beats and production have stepped up since M.I.C. and he's still a lyrical fiend, though perhaps not topping Death is Certain.

They've got a sample of it that I've heard on his website and I actually like it more than I thought I would. The reason I didn't have really high expectations was because he himself said that he was trying to find a way to have great lyricism in a pop-oriented song so he could sell high numbers. But, after listening to it, it's still the same ol' Royce for me.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Its not better than Death is Certain which was a great album.

Yeah, I owe you, independents day all are good tracks. But he has too many guests on the album.

Royce = Most underated rapper right now.

PDT

Not that good. Damn, I thought this shit was gonna be fire, I Owe You, Independent's Day, Meeting Of The Bosses, Paranoid and Yeah kick ass, but the rest is pretty weak.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.