Romeo to follow in LeBron James' footsteps?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Not too many 16-year-old boys can say they have both a single on the radio and a spot in the nation’s top-rated high school basketball camp. But, rapper Romeo can.

Master P’s acting and rapping son is competing with 200 of the top high school players at ABCD, an invitation-only camp sponsored by Reebok and based in Teaneck, New Jersey. Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, Stephon Marbury, Carmello Anthony and LeBron James have all played at ABCD before going on to become superstars in the NBA.

According to sources, Romeo shoots baskets and lifts weights daily to remain in top form; he averages 20 points and 10 assists a game.

"Romeo has the heart of a lion, he's a team leader, will compete against anybody, and he is one of the fastest players I've seen in a long time," said the camp’s founder Sonny Vaccaro.

Despite his skills, there will be no straight-to-the-pros move for Romeo. His father, Percy, has already made it clear that the boy will be going to college.

"I don't care what he wants to be or how much money he makes, I just want him to get an education and do something in life that he loves to do," said P of his son, who boasts a 3.5 grade point average and has reportedly turned down a $3 million movie deal this summer to go to summer school and play AAU basketball. .

Meanwhile, his new single "Shine", from the soundtrack to Repos, is currently at radio, while his new album, God’s Gift, will be released in
November.​

AmerikazMost said:
Well kudos to Percy for that one. Glad he's looking out for his son like that.
Guys, the NBA doesn't even let highschooler's get drafted anymore. You have to have been in college at least two years or be 20 years old to be drafted into the NBA since David Stern changed the rules last year.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.