Rock The Bells Was..

linx

Staff member
Amazing. The show was off the HOOOOOOOOKK!

The day started off as a shitty morning. My boy who I was going with got locked up the night before cause he got into a fight at some club. He ain't even a punk like that, but shit happens. I ended up paying to bail him out at 8:30 AM this morning and I picked him up at 11:00 AM or so. From there we were on..

The show was incredible. Just as good as last year, although I STILL wanna see Pharoahe Monch again. Anyway..

Let me first say that i'm now fully convinced that Supernatural is THE best at freestyling i've ever heard.. by far. I knew he was ill and i've seen hum numerous times before, but it just hit me today. He's a very, very dope entertainer at the beginnning of the show and between acts.

Murs killed it. He had a good performance. Just him and him alone. No hype man. That's the way I like to see it. I ain't kept up with dude in a while, but i've always been a fan. So I wasn't up to par with some of the shit he did. Good performance though.

Dead Prez was late and they only got to perform like 2 songs when they finally got to the place. I've never been a fan of theirs anyway. They killed it with Hip Hop though.

Immortal Technique put on a good show as usual. I'm a fan, but I can't listen to his music for hours at a time or anything. You know how it goes. But he puts a lot into his performance and I like that. He says some funny shit during his performance too.

Rakim also put on a good show as usual. He did his classics of course and he also did some tracks off his upcoming (he says in 3 months) album 7th Seal. Dude's delivery is so dope. I've always knew, but when you see someone live.. it's just different. He was dope though.

De La Soul put on a great show. They were on my list to see and I finally saw them. They rocked the joints I wanted to hear.. so I was happy at the end. They went off on the Premo Livin Proof beat which was dope. I was definitely happy with their performance.

Raekwon & Ghostface put on a good show like they always do. They did the classic joints off of Cuban Linx of course. They didn't do much solo shit. Good performance.

Redman & Metho.. Method Man didn't make it, but Redman killed it like he usually does. I wanted to see them together again, but oh well. I've seen them like 19 times, so i'm sure i'll see them again. Red killed it with both the new and old shit. I went WILD when he did Da Goodness. He was sportin' his new mohawk.

The Pharcyde put on a GOOD show man. It was dope to see them. They ain't done a show in over 10 years together I think? So how could you not consider it a treat to see them? They came together and rocked it man.

Mos Def had the performance I probably liked the least. Not that he was whack, but he was on some singing shit and I just didn't feel it all that much. He did a few of his DOPE joints, but other shit he did was eh. I was hype when he started to do Travellin' Man.. but he only did the chorus. :(

Nas of course put on a dope performance like he always does. As usual, he did the classics along with joints from his new album. He killed it with Hero! It was good to see him by himself too. No hype man. His performance of One Mic was incredible too. I always like to see him perform that.

A Tribe Called Quest was last and boy did they absolutely KILL it! Q Tip started with some solo shit and then they were all out there. They did all the classics man. Tribe was probably first on my list of to see and I finally got them. They were just incredible. Dope way to end a show. They ended it without doing Scenario and I was like WTF? Then I was like wait a minute, it may be dark and people are leaving, but I KNOW they are coming back out to perform that. And 30 seconds later, they did. They did that and another joint and that was the end to an incredible show.

Pictures to come soon.

linx

Staff member
The best thing about Rock The Bells (and Hip Hop shows in general) is the diverse crowd of people. You see all kinds of people there enjoying the music. Hip Hop brings people together. It's a beautiful culture.

linx

Staff member
Here's some of the pictures I got. I didn't get pictures of a few of the acts because the camera fucked up and I gave it back to the girl whos it was. She ended up fixing it. Here's a few of what I got though..

Supernatural

Immortal Tech

Rakim

Redman

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.