Rock Reality Show Recap: Ja Rule Builds a Hit While Irv’s Marriage Crumbles on “Gotti

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
Thirty Minutes in Four Sentences: Irv and Deb have officially made Heidi and Spencer look compatible. After using their daughter’s fashion show as battlegrounds for their nastiest feud yet, Deb begins to consider the “d” word to save herself from a lifetime of misery. In music news, Irv has teamed up with (who else) Ja Rule to record what sounds like the first decent song of the season with a rhyme that preaches that “nobody’s” got “your body.” Now what in the world will he rhyme that with?

Does Ja Rule Gotti’s Life?: With an iron fist. After listening to Gotti’s beat for about five minutes, Ja flies out of his seat and begins freestyling around the studio. In two minutes, they’ve got a track. “I got (the hook),” he shouts, repeating a pretty catchy chorus. Gotti is so excited at this point that he begins to physically shake the pint-sized rapper.

Irv’s Industry Advice: Gotti uses last night’s episode to explain why the prospect of a hit song means so much to him. “The single is a precious thing cause that’s where we get our money,” he says. Wait. So he’s not in it for the music?

Broken Home: Advice: When you find yourself cursing your partner in the middle of your daughter’s first modeling show (because her face is too “stoic” says Irv, he of the consistently cheesy grin), get the hell out. “You fucking idiot!” Deb fires at Gotti, defending her runway coaching. “All you know how to do is make beats. Go make beats.” The constant fighting leads Deb to consider an official divorce, but not without a fight from her children. “I want dad to be in my life forever,” middle child Sonny sobs as a Vanessa Carlton tune warbles in the background. Seriously, is Dr. Phil watching this show?

ARon

I actually watched this show last night. I switched rooms in my house and the cable sucked in my old one but now I get VH1(heh) and this was on. It was a pretty good show. Ja's song doesn't sound too bad either, pretty catchy, friendly sound and shit. Irv is about the business though, he said he would put everything aside including his family for the biz. The finale looks pretty crazy so imma watch it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.