Rip Pac: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised nobody else already did this today. I would have posted this in "Life", but I never go there anymore and I want people who don't completely ride his cock to comment on this.

10 years ago today... man... seems like so long ago, yet such a short time ago.

I still remember EXACTY what I was doing when I heard the news. I was only 19... I had come home from a long night of studying (I had just entered college) and smoking weed. I came home blitzed out of my mind, and it was like just before midnight. My dad said to me "some rapper named 2pac died today"... I was awstruck. I had only been listening to Pac on a regular for about a year or so. I wasn't that deep into him yet.

But... his death just made me listen to the CD's I did have (MATW, AEOM) over and over. Then... when I REALLY started listening to it, I got past all the bullshit and started realizing the intelligence in his songs and how most everything he rapped was a euphimism for something.

Till this day, even getting to know Proof in the last months of his life, Tupac's death hits me the hardest, becasue had he stayed alive, the game, IMO, would be SO MUCH different. Half the bullshitters out today like Ja and 50 would not be around... I don't think Puffy would be nearly as big, and who knows... Pac and Big might have squashed.

FroDawgg

i was only 15. first heard pac with "cali love" so i was new into him. i had the "how do u want it" edited single, and had only heard a few songs off AEOM. i was in my house and on MTV news, kurt loder reported it, and i remember vividly they had the years wrong (1970-1996). i didn't even know he had been shot (remember i wasn't that much into him yet). next day my mom showed me the article in the paper, which i kept. i went out and got AEOM, and it was on since then.

RIP Man

Thanks so much for all the inspiration and hard times you've got me through.

Save me a place...

"Makaveli they cant stop you!!"

Bam_Margera said:
Surprised nobody else already did this today. I would have posted this in "Life", but I never go there anymore and I want people who don't completely ride his cock to comment on this.

10 years ago today... man... seems like so long ago, yet such a short time ago.

I still remember EXACTY what I was doing when I heard the news. I was only 19... I had come home from a long night of studying (I had just entered college) and smoking weed. I came home blitzed out of my mind, and it was like just before midnight. My dad said to me "some rapper named 2pac died today"... I was awstruck. I had only been listening to Pac on a regular for about a year or so. I wasn't that deep into him yet.

But... his death just made me listen to the CD's I did have (MATW, AEOM) over and over. Then... when I REALLY started listening to it, I got past all the bullshit and started realizing the intelligence in his songs and how most everything he rapped was a euphimism for something.

Till this day, even getting to know Proof in the last months of his life, Tupac's death hits me the hardest, becasue had he stayed alive, the game, IMO, would be SO MUCH different. Half the bullshitters out today like Ja and 50 would not be around... I don't think Puffy would be nearly as big, and who knows... Pac and Big might have squashed.

Yea i remember when he died too.. The start of my sophmore year in HS.. I was out with 2 of my boys playin basketball and when we went up to the store this lady was talking to a girl at the counter sayin that Pac died.. I was like "Are you sure" and she was like "yea it was just on the radio".. I was already a huge Pac fan back then.. I was bumpin AEOM and MATW everyday since they were released so when i heard he died, it really fucked me up.. r.i.p makaveli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.