Ridin' Dirty or Soul Food?

ARon

Which album do you like better?

UGK - Ridin' Dirty

or

Goodie Mob - Soul Food

Really no point to this, I'm bored and curious.

Soul Food. Takes nothing away from Ridin' Dirty, but it is better...I would say Supertight would be UGK's best album if it was a few tracks longer and Bun B was just a little bit closer to his skills on Ridin' Dirty (not that that is relevant to this discussion). Ridin' Dirty seems to me to take something from Soul Food anyway, which laid the foundation for an album like Ridin' Dirty (in terms of a lot of its content).

Ridin Dirty. By far the most played album in my collection. I can honestly say I can listen to every song on the album, but i sometimes get annoyed with "Pinky Ring". I even listen to the Outro as if it were an actual song instead of Pimp C just talking over a smooth ass beat. Ive much memorized that entire rambling he does on track 13, i love how towards the end, they really start to break that guitar down, basically making love to that bitch!. Shit ive even memorized when the music cuts in after bun does his intro 1:17 into the track. "Little daddy, Big dick E." and then when he shouts out Gipp, I dont know but i just love that part. "Keepin my head blowed on that endo smoke baby, every time i see 'em". "Keepin it real with that endo baby, I love to smoke man, I love to smoke, hold up" Those are just a few of my favorite lines from the outro. The track is almost 10 minutes long. Perfect blunt smoking timer. then the track ridin dirty. "Have u ever ben rolling in a clean ass lac, blowing big out the window, everybody got a sack". Then with such classics as "One Day", "Diamonds N Wood" and "Hi-Life". All three of those songs are very sentimental to me. I listen to them when life really isnt going the way I want it. Each time i play any song from this album it brings back a vivid memory of what i was doing at one time when i was listening to that particular song. Then "6 in the morning". This track is is boarder line classic. I feel that this is the most slept on track off the album. Then we have "Touched". I like to refer to it as the song where Jay-z jacked half of Bun's first verse. (See the final verse on 99 problems and Bun's first verse on Touched). Murder, Thats's why i carry, Fuck my car, and Good Stuff are all really good tracks too. I feel like the beats have tremendous replay value, but the actually verses have AMAZING replay value. Its just simply ridiculous how many times I have listened to that album.

Soul Food is another straight up classic. I abosolutely love the intro. Gives me goosebumps half of the times I hear it. But the Soul Food album just doesnt capture me like the Ridin' Dirty album.

Super Tight IMO is not better than Ridin' Dirty. But it is a great album, and i do wish it was longer than 12 tracks as well. It has numerous classics on there too, but nothing will ever beat good ol' ridin dirty.

What about you Aristotle?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.