Rick Ross Says Album Will be as Classic as All Eyez On Me, Ready 2 Die, & Reas.Doubt

My question to you guys is how many of you believe this. Is Rick Ross that serious as a rapper or mc? Is he that great? I don't know much about him and haven't heard much of his stuff, but can any of you with some knowledge on him or anyone with just an opinion of him think he could pull this classic lp off or is he just bullshitting around?
Because I'm thinking of randomly buying his album without downloading and being surprised by what I get. But I'm not too sure about Rick Ross. I want some opinions.

Rick Ross being asked about album:

If you could sum up what Port Of Miami is in one word, what would it be?

Rick Ross: Classic. This is classic material right here. The same vein as a Reasonable Doubt, Ready To Die, or All Eyez On Me. Classic.

he out his damn mind if he thinks that shit'.....but shit like Pella was getting to...by today's standards it might be'....there are idiots that claim THUG MOTIVATION is a classic :(

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
There are still potential classics coming out.

Rick Ross' most likely won't be 1 of them. His songs are Cool, but I don't think he has any one of those albums in him. Hope he proves me wrong.

just hype from him, based on that first single the beat is fire lyrics are so so, but its all about the music nowadays..........and not the lyrics anymore

prob d/l it anyway :laugh:

it will be a good South Rap LP.....I have no doubts bout that ( the buzz been round Louisiana and so forth for a bit)...BUT THEN AGAIN there are folks down south that like that Field Mob fet Ciara song too :(

Tekneek said:
I like that track and I'm in the south now.

Wow.....well I know that alot of heads ain't feelin it....and you can tell by the hook who it's aimed for, the southern girls but I guess Field Mob got so much cred and skill they able to mask that. No disrespect, but thats what I have heard (Baton Rouge, La) and thats what I know (the hook is a dead give away I can just see the baby mommas in training bumpin that shit)

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
^^^^naw,its just certain hiphopheadz hate 2 see crossover popish hiphop but thats apart of the rap game . Why do you people jugde album on singles????And rick ross will proably drop a better album but he was spitting harder then he is now.He got a old track with eric sermon which displays that.Any way how do yall feel about him dissing t.i or is this old news.....Im from the same hood rickross(carol city chiefss bitch!!!!) is from and i wondered if the tracks with him dissing t.i leaked seeing that i got them

what's he dissing ti for?

and to the criticizing others for liking Field Mob's song, what's wrong with you? You don't dance or something? what u don't like club tracks.?

Wow.....well I know that alot of heads ain't feelin it....and you can tell by the hook who it's aimed for, the southern girls but I guess Field Mob got so much cred and skill they able to mask that. No disrespect, but thats what I have heard (Baton Rouge, La) and thats what I know (the hook is a dead give away I can just see the baby mommas in training bumpin that shit)

the point is that song was built for this type of audience, and people feel this even though some might think its not best (it is a single aimed towards an audiecne of certain make not meant to be a classic), although some would say it is. Rick Ross "classic" will be based on the South's taste and todays standards, the Field Mob reference was just an example of what is poppin now that wouldn't have been back then.....damn didnt think that many people (guys at least) were feeling this track, I have learned something today at least when it comes to people on this board.

Man 50 Cent, 2Pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep, The Isley Brothers, Luther Vandross, and so many others have made plenty of music for particular fanbases. It doesn't mean anything imo. Good music is good music.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.