Rhymes doesn't attend bodyguard's funeral

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Rapper Busta Rhymes skipped the funeral of his bodyguard who was gunned down outside the New York studio where he was shooting a video.

Israel Ramirez, 29, was remembered Friday as a loving husband, father, son and brother, the New York Post reported Saturday.

"He died in a very violent and horrible way," Father John Duffell told more than 100 mourners at the Church of the Ascension in Morningside Heights.

Rhymes released a statement through his attorney sending his "condolences to the Ramirez family" and calling Ramirez "one of the rare friends you come across that you can trust with your life."

Ramirez was killed last Sunday when two people with rapper Tony Yayo allegedly shot at Rhymes' producer, Swizz Beatz. Police have said they are not getting any cooperation from Rhymes in their investigation of the shootout. MTV.com reported Yayo's lawyer said his client will not "be making any statements to law enforcement."

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Alot of the people just show up for the awake. The funeral is just for the family and everything. I'm sure he didn't want the press and media all up in the cemetary when they are trying to mourn or say last goodbyes.

We never used to go to funerals, no matter how close the boy/girl was to us. But made sure we were there at the awake.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
^thats tru.
It's crazy how the press and people is makin this. first 'He didn't attend his bodyguards wake'. everybody bitch. then 'Busta attends his bodyguards second wake' release statement and everythin and show a hand 2 the family and people take bak what they said b4. Now, they tryin to turn it Again n2 'he didn't go to the funeral'
God damn stay out of these peoples business stop bein news junkies. theyre people just like u or me

Thats because the media wants drama so they have something exciting to talk about. I just read posts to get the main idea of whats goin on, not to gossip about these guys. Like the guy above me said, Theyre human too, just like the rest of us.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.