Rhymefest to meet UK Prime Minister candidate

The Chicago-based rapper Rhymefest will meet David Cameron - the leader of the Conservative Party in Britain – to change the stereotypical views the party has of the hip-hop music genre.

David Cameron, who will run for Prime Minister in the general election next year, said last June that hip-hop “encourages people to carry guns and knives,” and criticised Tim Westwood’s Hip-Hop Show which is aired on BBC Radio 1.

In response to this Rhymefest wrote a letter to the Conservative Party leader saying, “My challenge is to ask that you sit down and have a cup of tea with me. In fact, let me come and perform for you. I am sure you will see that rap music is more than murder music or knife culture.”

"If you truly believe this is a democracy then sit down and discuss with me the issues that you see. And if you are correct, and your opinion of rap music is the same, then we should come together with the community; rappers, politicians and radio DJs, and have a wider discussion...because, Mr Cameron, this generalisation is not all of us, it’s just a few bad apples that spoil the bunch...let’s solve the problem of the rap community in a civilised way and in a way that music can still be entertaining."

When his request was accepted the rapper was surprised.

"Whoever thought that the power of the pen was truly mightier than the sword? Coming from a ghetto on the South Side of Chicago, I know I didn't…maybe now it's time for me to accept my responsibility, face my trial in life and take my place in history."

Both the BBC and MTV will cover the meeting on October 19.

It is not uncommon for politicians to meet with musicians, although political commentators often characterise it as an attempt to win popularity amongst the youth.

Tony Blair sided with the world famous Oasis rock band during his campaign to become Prime Minister in the early 1990s. One of the lead singers of the band, Noel Gallagher, frequently voiced his support for Blair at the height of the rock group’s popularity and was later invited to 10 Downing Street after Blair was elected.

Rhymefest released his first official album, Blue Collar earlier this year.

He won the Scribble Jam contest in 2003 and also co-wrote ‘Jesus Walks’, a grammy-winning song performed by Kanye West.

David Cameron has used new approaches for his political campaigning including the release of a series of video podcasts from his website.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
When will small minded people like polititions realise that when some one talks about guns and murders in rap music its because that is the shit they see every day in life and not a guide book for being a criminal.

If I carried a gun, knife or take drugs it because its a decision that i have made on my own. No rapper or movie star can influence any person into doing something. If some one is influenced by either then that person is mentally unstable in the first place.

SonOf2pac

^true it's real life for them but that doesnt mean they gotta glorify it like some do... rhymefest has seen his share of shit in his life, i'm sure, but he moved on and is one of the greatest lyrical mc's today... blue collar :thumb:

ps. they need to get lupe on this shit, too

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
SonOf2pac said:
^true it's real life for them but that doesnt mean they gotta glorify it like some do... rhymefest has seen his share of shit in his life, i'm sure, but he moved on and is one of the greatest lyrical mc's today... blue collar :thumb:

ps. they need to get lupe on this shit, too
I don't see how any rapper glorifies it, just because they talk about or say they are gonna kill some one doesnt make it cool, the only person i can bring to mind that has tried to make it cool was Ice T. Until some one says "Hey go buy a gun and kill some people, its the shit" people should keep their mouths shut.

The only reason why people talk this shit about rap and hip hop is because its prodominatly a black enterprise. Governments dont say it but they use it as a method to bring down and put a negative tag on the black community. All western governments are racist, but they put a front on to keep the peace. And before any one brings up the issue of black polititions, those black people in government are just white people with black skin.

If you dont believe me, read up on your Tupac;

"Until we got some shit to call our own, we just niggaz to these white people"

Bill Gates - Wealthy Business Man
P. Diddy - Nigga with too much money.

Thats how these white people see it and its about god damn time it changed.

[The term "white people" is a term used by Tupac to describe the people that run western countries, it does not refer to the white race.]

SonOf2pac

Prize Gotti said:
I don't see how any rapper glorifies it, just because they talk about or say they are gonna kill some one doesnt make it cool, the only person i can bring to mind that has tried to make it cool was Ice T. Until some one says "Hey go buy a gun and kill some people, its the shit" people should keep their mouths shut.
first off, it's not just rappers who glorify guns and killing... we all are guilty with shows like CSI and shit... we can't help but to get excited about these things... but when it happens in real life... who's fault is it? i guarantee you someone that listens to all-american rejects is more likely to be emo and kill themselves than a person who listens to (insert gangsta rapper here) and kill other people... not saying that they will tho... just a better chance... listen to keith sweat to get you in the mood for love; listen to the roots get you in the mood for a movement; listen to lloyd banks and grab ya gat...

Prize Gotti said:
Bill Gates - Wealthy Business Man
P. Diddy - Nigga with too much money.
this is just stupid. who says that shit? :confused:

Prize Gotti said:
The only reason why people talk this shit about rap and hip hop is because its prodominatly a black enterprise. Governments dont say it but they use it as a method to bring down and put a negative tag on the black community. All western governments are racist, but they put a front on to keep the peace. And before any one brings up the issue of black polititions, those black people in government are just white people with black skin.

If you dont believe me, read up on your Tupac;

"Until we got some shit to call our own, we just niggaz to these white people"

Thats how these white people see it and its about god damn time it changed.

[The term "white people" is a term used by Tupac to describe the people that run western countries, it does not refer to the white race.]
people don't like rap because it is very controversial... it has nothing to do with race... the same shit happened with jazz when it was born and rock & roll was the devil to many people when it was first introduced, too... hip-hop is so beautiful because it's lyrics are the closest to freedom of speech out of all the music genres of all-time... but new age "pop" rap is killing this and soon it will be widely accepted and hip-hop will die... and that white people thing is ridiculously contradicting... so everybody (no matter what skin) who is intelligent and moves up out the ghetto and gets a good, let's say, 60k a year is white?? and everybody who is poor and homeless and lives in the ghettos is black?? that sounds like a racist statement right there to me... some of you guys worship pac a lil bit too much... not everything he said was right... he was not the rebirth of jesus...

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
SonOf2pac said:
first off, it's not just rappers who glorify guns and killing... we all are guilty with shows like CSI and shit... we can't help but to get excited about these things... but when it happens in real life... who's fault is it? i guarantee you someone that listens to all-american rejects is more likely to be emo and kill themselves than a person who listens to (insert gangsta rapper here) and kill other people... not saying that they will tho... just a better chance... listen to keith sweat to get you in the mood for love; listen to the roots get you in the mood for a movement; listen to lloyd banks and grab ya gat...

this is just stupid. who says that shit? :confused:

people don't like rap because it is very controversial... it has nothing to do with race... the same shit happened with jazz when it was born and rock & roll was the devil to many people when it was first introduced, too... hip-hop is so beautiful because it's lyrics are the closest to freedom of speech out of all the music genres of all-time... but new age "pop" rap is killing this and soon it will be widely accepted and hip-hop will die... and that white people thing is ridiculously contradicting... so everybody (no matter what skin) who is intelligent and moves up out the ghetto and gets a good, let's say, 60k a year is white?? and everybody who is poor and homeless and lives in the ghettos is black?? that sounds like a racist statement right there to me... some of you guys worship pac a lil bit too much... not everything he said was right... he was not the rebirth of jesus...
You don't know alot about black politics do you? Read up on it.

The world is run my the illuminati/freemasons, a group of jewish people that control every christian country in the world. This organisation has been around for more than 200 years. Every western government and major corporation in the world is run by these people. Don't believe what you see in the media, they control that and make you believe what they want you to believe. Shit they even control many parts of islam.

And I don't worship Tupac, he studied all this in prison, and he made everyday people like me aware of what was going on.

Please read up on this shit. (Heres something to get you started: http://www.masonicinfo.com/illuminati.htm but dont limit yourself to that one site, they is alot more information on other sites)

As for Emo's they dont kill themselves because of the music they listen to, the kill themselves because they are mentally unstable, they listen to this music because it gives them a feeling of understanding as to why they feel the way they do.

And if you read my post fully I said that white people is a term to describe the people that control america and the world, not the white race.

And if you get excited when some one kills some one on TV, you really need to see a professional.

SonOf2pac

Prize Gotti said:
You don't know alot about black politics do you? Read up on it.

The world is run my the illuminati/freemasons, a group of jewish people that control every christian country in the world. This organisation has been around for more than 200 years. Every western government and major corporation in the world is run by these people. Don't believe what you see in the media, they control that and make you believe what they want you to believe. Shit they even control many parts of islam.

And I don't worship Tupac, he studied all this in prison, and he made everyday people like me aware of what was going on.

Please read up on this shit. (Heres something to get you started: http://www.masonicinfo.com/illuminati.htm but dont limit yourself to that one site, they is alot more information on other sites)

As for Emo's they dont kill themselves because of the music they listen to, the kill themselves because they are mentally unstable, they listen to this music because it gives them a feeling of understanding as to why they feel the way they do.

And if you read my post fully I said that white people is a term to describe the people that control america and the world, not the white race.

And if you get excited when some one kills some one on TV, you really need to see a professional.
It's funny because I wrote a paper my senior year for government about the Illuminati. I did massive research and found out that a group like this could not be hidden from the public and it has been dead for decades. I went on to write about it but I found out that it would have been easier writing about how it could not be alive. It's funny you link me to a website, though, because the internet is always the most reliable place for information:rolleyes:. I bet you believe a missle was launched into the pentagon and it was ordered by the President, too. Anyway, I see your point in calling the rulers of the world white people, but that is still extremely ignorant and racist. As for the murder shows on tv, people see this as drama and it is popular for a reason. People like drama.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
SonOf2pac said:
It's funny because I wrote a paper my senior year for government about the Illuminati. I did massive research and found out that a group like this could not be hidden from the public and it has been dead for decades. I went on to write about it but I found out that it would have been easier writing about how it could not be alive. It's funny you link me to a website, though, because the internet is always the most reliable place for information:rolleyes:. I bet you believe a missle was launched into the pentagon and it was ordered by the President, too. Anyway, I see your point in calling the rulers of the world white people, but that is still extremely ignorant and racist. As for the murder shows on tv, people see this as drama and it is popular for a reason. People like drama.
They don't want you to think they excist, if proof of their existance was made public then it would throw the whole world into a frenzy. And I did manage to do a pretty good job in showing evidence of their existance for my paper, from which i referenced documents writen in 1798 - 1995, not from internet sources, i just used that link as a start point for you.

No I don't believe that the president ordered a missile launch into the pentagon, I have no doubt that it was terrorists. The underlying truth about this conflict between western countries and islam has nothing to do with what these terrorist and what the media tell you. The Illuminati's biggest enemy is Islam. Islamic leaders, not Suddam and whoever, the people that control those people, want control over what the Illuminati has. This a war about who will control the world not foreign policies.

And to whom am I being racist towards? No one, Im telling you that its the Illuminati that are the racists.

SonOf2pac

I hate to turn this topic into a whole new topic but...

Let's say the Illuminati does still exist. What do we do? Overthrow our government? Anarchy is the end of civilization. My life is going fine right now and I see racism in every way but that's just something that will occur. "As long as there are races, there will be racists." Racism is based on stereotypes which brings us back to the main topic... a lot of rappers reinforce stereotypes by talking about killing and such. Rhymefest is just showing that hip-hop is not about that. It's about freedom of speech to find the best way for everyone, black, white, hispanic, asian, or whatever.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.