Rest In Peace Proof

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I am extremely sad to report that D12 member and solo artist Proof was shot and killed at around 4AM last night; he was at the after hours club Triple C located on 8 Mile Road and Gratiot in his native Detroit.

I was blessed with the opportunity to interview Proof a couple months ago and spoke with him for hours; an interview that went well beyond the call of normal press duties. But that was Proof, whether he was rapping as part of D12, or as a solo artist, or whether he was doing what he could to represent for and raise Detroit and Hip-Hop, or speaking to a journalist and fan; he gave it his all and he did it with pride.

As I sit here now and flick through the notes of that night and listen to the tapes, I am once again amazed at the respect that he showed towards his culture, our culture, Hip-Hop. It is only fair that we all show him the same respect in return, for he truly was one of the communities greats.

On his album he may have been "Searching for Jerry Garcia," but this generation of Hip-Hop fans and those to follow will without a doubt always be Searching for Big Proof.

As fans we are blessed to have a catalog of music left behind so that we can continue to experience and enjoy Proof's talent and the messages he has left behind. I leave you now with a quote from when Proof and I spoke; my prayers go out to Proof's family and friends, may God rest his soul.

"When you reach inside your own soul and you pull out artistry, artistry is from the lips of God. If there is a God, artistry speaks it. Thats why music brings people together." - Proof, RIP.

I'm bumpin this song a lot this morning.
"And the years sure fly with the quickness
You do the time and I'll keep handlin your business
I hope my words can paint a perfect picture
And let ya know how much a brotha miss ya
Pour out some liquor "

Damn, incredibly tragic. People might think we're crazy mourning over a rapper, but Proof is a legend...plain and simple. I don't want to believe it, but its been proven over and over in many threads. Today sucks for this reason alone. I don't wanna lose any more great MCs, man. We've lost too many. Pac...BIG...Big L...Proof... Damn, just...damn.

Wow man.. unbelievable.. it's another sad day for hip-hop... I wouldn't be this sad if Proof died an old man with his family around him, but shot and killed? It's fucked up.. GOD bless his soul and I hope he's up there chillin' with the rest of 'em legends and fallen soldiers..

RIP PROOF

2Pax

So sad to hear this, RIP to a great rapper who never really reached the level of success he deserved. My heart goes out to his family and the rest of D12.

It's also rumoured Bizzarre is lying up in the hospital in critical condition.

THEV1LL4N

Man, cant belive this, first obie was shot, now proof. and wiv the d12 album coming up... cant believe this!
i loved proof and his music, he was funny too. he was my favourite from d12 aswell.

RIP Proof!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.