Remy Ma returns with reality TV show and two new albums

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Brace yourself – a reality show about the life of rapper Remy Ma could be headed to a major cable network before the end of the year – should the artist get her wish. The Bronx rhymer is already discussing a deal with an undisclosed network.

"Being that we going through contracts, we can't really talk about it, but it's gonna be real fun," she says. "They follow me around, and there are things that happen to me along the way. But nothing too extra; I still wanted to have some piece of privacy so people don't know everything."

As previously reported, Remy is also involved in a new group with fellow female rappers Shawnna and Jacki-O. The trio has finally settled on the name 3Some to represent the group.

"We was like, 'We in the studio anyway -- niggas is throwing us crazy beats'. We're being received so well: three females from three different backgrounds, three different ages, different everything coming together."

Plans are in the works to open up the project to female rappers Trina, Lil Mo and Young B (of “Chicken Noodle Soup” fame) as well. Remy is hoping to also lure the ladies out on a tour under the tentative title N.E.W., as in Never Enough Women.

"I'm on another game plan," she says. "I see how Diddy and Jay [-Z] and 50 [Cent] do it: they got they own alliance. But girls, that one doesn't hang with this one, and if you look at it, no one really has a legitimate reason. If [Lil'] Kim and Foxy [Brown] would have done that 'Thelma and Louise' album when they was poppin', it would've been the craziest shit ever! I feel like its time for a change; lets start a new wave of upcoming females and artists."

Remy, who is no longer affiliated with Fat Joe’s Terror Squad,” is also recording her second solo album, PunishHer, a title she chose in honor of her mentor and friend, the late Big Pun.

"What's so crazy is that this month it made seven years since Pun died," she says. "I released my album last year on the 7th, and wanted to release my album this year on the 7th but because of contracts we couldn't. I been through so much this year, and I feel that the name fits my mood, the way I feel. That should be a good way to start fresh."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.