Remember?

Remember when Ja Rule, Memphis Bleek, and Drag-On were the future of rap? Man, during that time these guys put some good material out. Classic's imo by all 3.

What year are you talking about, 2000? So that means you'd be saying Rule 3:36, The Understanding, and Opposite of H2O are classics? I remember that year, that was the year everybody was buying 3:36 and ignoring some much better rap records that came out in 2000, like:

Bone Thugs-BTNHResurrection (went platinum strictly from their name)
Boo Yaa TRIBE-Mafia Lyfestyle
DJ Quik-Balance & Options
E-40-Loyalty & Betrayal
Tha Eastsidaz-s/t (went platinum strictly because of Snoop's name)
Mack 10-The Paper Route

I'm talking about when Ja dropped VVV and Drag-On dropped Opposite of H2O. Probally wasn't the same year, but I remember when Bleek, Rule and Drag-On used to appear on eachothers records.

Yeah, VVV and Bleek's 1st record came out in 1999, Drag-On's didn't come out until 2000.

So, even more better albums were overlooked, then.

1999:

2nd II None-Classic 220
'Pac & Outlawz-Still I Rise
DBA-Doing Business As
Krayzie Bone-Thug Mentality 1999
Kurupt-Tha Streetz is a Mutha
Mac Dre-Rapper Gone Bad
Rappin' 4-Tay-Introduction to Mackin'
The Roots-Things Fall Apart
Snoop Dogg-No Limit Top Dogg
Tech N9ne-The Calm Before the Storm
Warren G-I Want It All
X-Raided-Unforgiven Vol. 1

I would buy ANY of those records over any Ja, Memph, or Drag record, in fact, I DID:)

Because I CAN, because I've noticed the same people who wasted $12 on Vetti Venni Vicci complaining about how messed up ass-backwards the rap game is, and yet if nobody had bought that record in the first place, we all might possibly have been spared the existance (sp?) of Murder Inc. AND G-Unit altogether, because they're pretty much one in the same.

and yet if nobody had bought that record in the first place, we all might possibly have been spared the existance (sp?) of Murder Inc.
Maybe if more people purchased VVV we'd be spared the bul-sh!t singing that exists on rap records.

And yeah, Jay-Z said Bleek was the future of rap. Where were you? Possibly sucking on your mother's nipple.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.