Remedy (Wu-Tang affiliated)

Preach

i was just recently introduced to this white, jewish rapper from the wu-tang "family", and i have to say i'm very impressed. i think some of his topics are a bit corny because he's very pro world peace, resolve the situation in the middle east, spiritually enlightened, and so forth. he reminds me a little bit of common, mos def and the gang. not because there are similarity lines in remedy's and mos def's music, but because they can both be kinda corny at times. i never really liked mos def, he's too "black panther-ish".

i'm having troubles checking out the code red ent. website, which is like remedy's label or something. http://www.remedyross.com/ does it work for anyone else?

here's a preview track (rapidshare), this is a banging track although like i said the topic's a little bit corny. remember, he's a jew y'all!

Casey

Staff member
Remedy has been around for years. I remember seeing his album "Code Red" in the shops like 3 years ago.

Preach

yeah. he's old. that's why i'm making this post, after code: red i've been unsuccesful in my attempts to find any news about him.

Rizzle said:
i was just recently introduced to this white, jewish rapper from the wu-tang "family", and i have to say i'm very impressed. i think some of his topics are a bit corny because he's very pro world peace, resolve the situation in the middle east, spiritually enlightened, and so forth. he reminds me a little bit of common, mos def and the gang. not because there are similarity lines in remedy's and mos def's music, but because they can both be kinda corny at times. i never really liked mos def, he's too "black panther-ish".

i'm having troubles checking out the code red ent. website, which is like remedy's label or something. http://www.remedyross.com/ does it work for anyone else?

here's a preview track (rapidshare), this is a banging track although like i said the topic's a little bit corny. remember, he's a jew y'all!
It works, but I had to turn off my pop-up blocker.

He had another album come out like 5 years ago called "The Genuine Article".. I bought it cuz i liked that song "Never Again" that he dropped in like '97 on the WuKilla Bee compilation (He also put it on "Genuwine Article"... Didnt really feel his lp too much so I didnt buy Code Red when I saw it in the store.. Havent heard anything about him though since then...

Preach

i have code red, it's okay. i agree with you though, nothing particularly cool. it's got a version of never again on it though. nothing different about it except for the quality. never again is the preview track i provided a link to in the first post. i heard quite a few tracks off of the genuine article. i also have an album called the jew-tang ep. it's got a bunch of tracks in really bad quality and some interviews. there's a track on there called the dualist, i dunno if that's also featured on the genuine article, but it's so hot. gonna try checking out the website without the popup blocker.

Hmmm.. Not much on the site really.. The message board doesnt work and the last news update says "planning on dropping Cappodonnas Struggle album".. I think that came out like 2 years ago.. Guess he might have got out the rap game.

linx

Staff member
Yeah, the song "Never Again" is the reason people recognize his name. The song has always been great imo.

i like Remedy, he reminds me more of Killah Priest style more than Mos & Common -however, i can see how some of his topics are similar to them....i like political/conscious music tho...it makes you think

anyway, some good remedy tracks:

Remedy - Never Again - easily his best song!
Remedy - Book Of Life
Remedy - Fallen Angels
Remedy - Remedy
Remedy - Tonights Da Night
Remedy - Warning
Remedy - Words To Live By

Preach

^^
yeah, i was just saying that they can be corny in the same way some times. then again i only call them corny because i can't relate to a lot of their topics. i'm neither black nor a jew.

anyway, just uploading another remedy track that's tight. i got it from a cd called the jew-tang ep but i know it's also on another remedy ep. i'm thinking one is official and the other is a bootleg because the tracklists vary, and the one i have has got some interviews on it. anyway, the song is called "the duelist" and this is a remastered version of it. it is hot!

http://rapidshare.de/files/20789139/03._Remedy_-_Duelist.mp3.html

roaches

My favorite Remedy moments:
1. He promoted himself on my school's campus as a core member of the Wu-Tang Clan
2. Cappadonna, during the cab driver period, talking about how he was going to record with Remedy, but Remedy's father, who had promised Remedy that he'd finance the album, had reneged.

Remedy should do an album with the Alchemist, I think it'd be cute.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.