Remastered Albums.

linx

Staff member
Alright, what I wanna know is how much better do most albums sound when thay are remastered compared to the original? Also, which classic remastered albums would you recommend? I know Illmatic was remastered, Ready To Die was remastered and I think 36 Chambers was too. I am looking to get these if they sound better than the originals. But is it worth it? I am on dialup, so getting albums takes hours. I am not sure whether or not I wanna get 36 Chambers remastered but I like the grimey sound it has and that is how it sounds best. :thumb:

roaches

36 Chambers - The bad mixing was part of its appeal and helped give it that dirty sound, imo.
Illmatic - I couldn't tell the difference.
Ready to Die - I couldn't tell the difference.

Downloading a remastered version on mp3 seems to defeat the point, though, imo. If it was FLAC or maybe even OGG or something, maybe.

A lot of older hip-hop albums could use another glance, since they were mastered at low levels, but the ones you mentioned, naw.

If you don't already own Ready to Die, I'd buy the new version just to have "Who Shot Ya" on the disc there. I'm not one of those guys who gets really proud of owning original pressings or anything, though (But yo, how much do you think I could get for this OG copy of Breaking Atoms.... on cassette?).

Lok

It all depends on the way the original album was recorded. If the quality/mixin was bad, then you will see the difference in the remastered version, if on the other hand the quality of the original release was good, you won't see much difference (i.e Illmatic).
Personaly i'l probably take a remastered version over an original any day. Im all for re-releases lol.

Mase

I didn't notice a thing when College Dropout was re-mastered, but when I re-formatted my computer I downloaded the re-mastered version simply for the fact that it was re-mastered.

Mase said:
I didn't notice a thing when College Dropout was re-mastered, but when I re-formatted my computer I downloaded the re-mastered version simply for the fact that it was re-mastered.
it has a whole lot of differences in the last call track.. new voice overs n shit

the chronic doggystyle and deathrows greatest hits have been remastered........

and yep ready 2 die is better........like roaches said cos its got who shot ya on it........i think theres a bonus dvd on some of the copies aswell.......but i could be wrong.

DPG iz all I C

sniper said:
the chronic doggystyle and deathrows greatest hits have been remastered........

and yep ready 2 die is better........like roaches said cos its got who shot ya on it........i think theres a bonus dvd on some of the copies aswell.......but i could be wrong.
Does it not have "Dreams" on it aswell ?

ready 2 die has dreams and who shot ya 4 bonus songs, the dvd that i got with it had a few music videos on it and unbeilivable live

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.