Release date set for new Method Man

Method Man, Tical, Iron Lung, Jonny Blaze… no matter what the moniker, Method Man albums are always highly anticipated and his latest, 4.21… The Day After, is no exception. From which ever angle you examine Method Man his charisma and accompanying abilities are both distinct and unique.

It is lucky then that on August 29th Meth will supply a new case-in-point example of his skills and offer insight into his world of ‘Method-Mad-Ness’. There is no denying the anticipation behind this release but when you look at Method Man's comments about his new album, this is potentially Meth at his most individual and unique - not like anything we have witnessed before.

Perhaps the personal ups and downs following the release of his last album contributed in bringing out the darker and deeper side of him: “I had a lot on my mind at the time and the second thing was, I decided to really talk about something and I had a lot to draw from and when the pen hit the paper it was like damn, remember this? And by the time I was done it was like shit, let’s go.”

When it came to laying down tracks in the studio with producers Erick Sermon and RZA, Method Man said “With Erick, we did three songs in three days. He just comes in with ideas of top. And with RZA, shit, I’ve watched him build tracks from scratch, so all I really have to do is put the pen to the paper.” Expect additional beats from Scott Storch, Havoc and K1.

The first single from the album is the Sermon-produced ‘Say’ which hears Meth open up with guest and veteran Lauryn Hill. “I’ve been venting about all this for years and [my manager] was like, ‘Write about it, Eric has the perfect joint.’ And, Lauryn Hill herself, she just had the raw emotion, the small things she said on the song was enough for me to push my pen and let myself be vulnerable.”

It seems that honesty and emotion flow thick from this album, it is even inescapable for the album title. “The national weed smoking day is 4/20, so I named my album 4/21 the day after. Because after that day, you have this moment of clarity when you’re not high and you see things clearly.”

“You feel like you’re not in on the joke, and everyone’s laughing at you. I felt like no one was taking me seriously. I got real angry and I just starting writing.”

How angry, how real real or how deep will he get? Find out August 29th.

AmerikazMost

Anything with Erick Sermon seem to turn out at least pretty good. Think Meth's album will be something special.

And there is a "k" at the end, goymz ;)

^^ Haha I think he has the least consistently spelled name on the net, Eric and Erik is everywhere! Def Jam says its Erick though, thanks for the heads up.

was thinkin bout Meth & wonderin when his album would drop as i listened to that track with Lauren Hll earlier....i look forward to hearing it

i wish i wasn't so spastic when he played here i was too faded to take it in...but gettin to drink sum beers with him & red made up for that :)

AmerikazMost

goymz said:
^^ Haha I think he has the least consistently spelled name on the net, Eric and Erik is everywhere! Def Jam says its Erick though, thanks for the heads up.
"The E-R-I-C-K is my name I spell / Thanks to clientele, yo, I rock well"

:)

The RZA said:
What did Wendy Williams say about Meth or his family that got everybody so pissed?

wendy williams was on howard stern today and they talked about this, she said she mentioned something about his wife having cancer before it was known she had cancer to the public and meth was not happy with that

Oh, ok. Didn't know anything about it til I went on the official Wu-Tang website and they were getting people to bombard her with emails and phone calls.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.