Relapse: Refill

Casey

Staff member
I'm listening to it now.

I don't dig 'Forever', it just drags and never really picks up any pace. Every rapper on it has spit way better before. Eminem was better than everyone else on it though. Not sure why it's on Em's album when it seems to be more Drake's song than anyone else.

'Buffalo Bill' completely throwaway. Tired, standard rhymes, that stupid fucking accent and did I seriously hear ANOTHER Christopher Reeves reference? This song isn't about anything.

'Drop The Bomb on 'Em':
This song isn't about anything either. Again, it drags and I'm not sure Em is really trying. The chorus is just there for the sake of there being a chorus, it doesn't lift the song the way a good chorus does, it's just there.

'Elevator'
This is slightly better than the last two songs but it's still not really about anything. Well, that's not true. It's about how he's sold so many records that he lives in a house that has an elevator. Uninspired at best. Again.....he's not even trying. Em is on auto-pilot.

How the fuck can you write an ENTIRE song about how your house has an elevator in it? WTF.

'Hell Breaks Loose' (featuring Dr.Dre)

Probably the best song on here. Mostly just cos Dre is dropping some killer flows. Always good to hear Dre on the mic.

'Music Box'

Hip-hop songs that sample the sounds of a Music Box should be banned. Lyrically we have another song about how much of a psycho serial killer Eminem is. Yawn. Hit skip on this one.

'Taking My Ball'

Another song about nothing. And another song with that stupid ass accent. Nuff said. More references to Sarah Palin and Kim Kardashian. Lame.

VERDICT:

This shit is a mess. Lazy (production and songwriting), uninspired, boring. The flows are good, but there's nothing behind them so it's pointless.

I can honestly say that I will probably never listen to any of these songs again.

yak pac fatal

forever blows, i give people who have that as a ringtone a dirty look. hell breaks loose is a dope song. i enjoyed buffalo bill, atleast his flow lol. i hated elevator, the hook was on point, thats all i can say about the track. music box was iight, imo the second best track on the disk. taking my ball=shit.

.. wow, sounds worse than Relapse. And I didnt think it was possible for an artist as talented as eminem to do anything worse than that.

Yes I know, people loved Relapse. I thought it was a waste of my lifetime, I would have been happier listening to a Guccie Mane album, atleast I'd know I'm setting myself up for a shitty experience

Casey

Staff member
HE WROTE A WHOLE GOD DAMN SONG ABOUT HOW HIS HOUSE HAS AN ELEVATOR IN IT.

I think that sums up the shittiness of it.

_carmi

me, myself & us
thats the tracklist for his new album? i thought it was pushed back to 2010 so he could appeal more to the black people?

edit: nevermind those are the bonus tracks... will give them a listen even tho seems like a waste of time as per what i am reading here. btw i read somewhere Em wrote Relapse while he was still on drugs. and Relapse 2 will be him off drugs.

yak pac fatal

thats the tracklist for his new album? i thought it was pushed back to 2010 so he could appeal more to the black people?

edit: nevermind those are the bonus tracks... will give them a listen even tho seems like a waste of time as per what i am reading here. btw i read somewhere Em wrote Relapse while he was still on drugs. and Relapse 2 will be him off drugs.
i thought the only song he did while still on drugs was beautiful

Caesar

Staff member
He said he wrote Relapse while he was coming off of drugs so they were still in his system thus the shittyness of the album. He said this recently. He's making excuses.

FroDawgg

^^^i don't agree with it either, and i was going to download the tracks in a lossless format; they have them in FLAC on eminem.com, but you have to DL the whole album for that format, so i just figured to buy a hard copy again instead.

at least i was able to give the original to my brother so that i didn't have two copies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.