Redman working on album & movie sequels

With the imminent release of Redman’s latest offering, Red Gone Wild, the funk doctor has taken everyone aback by announcing that two follow-up projects are in the works: sequels for the Muddy Waters album and the movie, How High.

"I'm getting back into [the studio] with Muddy Waters 2 right after Red Gone Wild. I already did two songs for it. It ain't gonna be hard, because I'm gonna take it backwards," Redman said. "I'ma find old beats that sound like it was [created] during the whole Muddy Waters era. I ain't gonna reach for the new shit."

Redman indicated that because the Muddy Waters sequel would be recorded solely for his hard-core fan base, he was looking to release it as a limited edition pressing of 50,000 copies.

Redman has already announced he will release another Gillahouse compilation along with a second Redman & Method Man Blackout venture. But his work with Method Man will not be limited to the studio now that How High 2 is already underway:

"The movie is being written - same people," Redman continued. "We getting in the mix right now. Its going to give us some leeway to do something new. I'm trying to direct the movie myself. Its a definite go. To a nigga near you, I don't know when, but its coming."

StreetHop.com sat down and discussed How High 2, along with many other topics, with Method Man back at the end of 2005. Click here to check out that interview for a Tical flavored blast from the past.

In the build up to his new album Redman recently released a new mixtape; Live From The Bricks.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.