Redman & Method Man Reunite For "Blackout 2" Album

THEV1LL4N

Method Man and Redman are back in the studio together after nearly 10 years, recording a new collabo project Blackout 2, which will be the follow-up to the duo's platinum selling disc Blackout! The two rappers' chemistry has already scored them co-starring roles in the flick How High an endorsement deal for Right Guard deodorant and their own short-lived Fox sitcom, "Method & Red."

Now they're back at it in the studio.

"A lot of good music comin' out this year," Redman told sitdownstandup.com. "You're especially gonna hear from us, finally."

The album features production by Gilla House, E-Sermon and Rocwilder and there may even be a DJ Premier track or two before recording wraps.

"Preemo, we need some heat baby!" Red shouted. "We need some heat right now baby!" "Treach need to be on this sh*t, too."

In addition to Meth and Red's collabo, the two are sharing a mic with almost 70 other emcees for a 2008 regeneration of KRS-One's new Stop the Violence Movement.

Along with Meth and Red, David Banner, Chamillionaire, Nelly, Busta, and Ne-Yo are among the artists putting a new spin on the 1989 inspirational rap song "Self Destruction" called "Self Construction."

"Anything positive is always good for the hip-hop community," Redman said. "I remember when the first 'Self Destruction' came out, that sh*t was hot. I wasn't in the game to get on it but now I'm in the game, so why not be a part of history?"

The first version was recorded by the Stop the Violence All-Stars, an East Coast collective including KRS, Whodini, Miss Melody, MC Lyte, D-Nyce, Doug E Fresh, Heavy D, Public Enemy and others.

Blackout 2 is expected to hit shelves this summer and Muddy Waters 2 will drop at the top of '09.

cool, i always really liked the Blackout album, i thought it was quite underrated. but what's with this 2 shit? are we all out of good names for albums now? Blackout2? Muddy Waters 2? come on now guys, you can come up with something more original than that lol. it's as bad as Lil' Wayne and his Carter albums. just give the shit a new name already!

THEV1LL4N

cool, i always really liked the Blackout album, i thought it was quite underrated. but what's with this 2 shit? are we all out of good names for albums now? Blackout2? Muddy Waters 2? come on now guys, you can come up with something more original than that lol. it's as bad as Lil' Wayne and his Carter albums. just give the shit a new name already!
i know what you mean, but these are sequels to their predecessors.

i know what you mean, but these are sequels to their predecessors.
lol, but the Blackout album had no story to it, how can it be a sequel? it's just a cheap excuse to not come up with a new album title. Red and Meth were probably too high to do any creative thinking on album titles :p

THEV1LL4N

lol, but the Blackout album had no story to it, how can it be a sequel? it's just a cheap excuse to not come up with a new album title. Red and Meth were probably too high to do any creative thinking on album titles :p
i havent been online in a while lately and was supposed to answer this.

Blackout 2 will be a continuation of their previous Blackout collaboration regardless of a story or whatever elements etc...

A continuation of that specific collaboration and not just about making new songs together but using the same style when they team up and so on... (just the way they are together and the "chemistry" they have).

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.