Reasons why Eminems first album was a shamble (SALES)

What Was the problem?

• East Coast - West Coast Beef (96)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Being White at that time ???

• Being Local/Underground (The obvious choice)

• Poor Promotion/Destribution

• Peolple Did not want to except Eminem

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
Yo this album is soo good, lyrically is fucking superb, who agrees, this is the best album he has ever done. Its got an illmatic feel to it. But sales were shit, or so I read, about 5 years ago. I dont know exactly how many it sold, but evry review I read, or articles about this album, it would always mention the poor sales.

Anyone know exactly how many he sold in first couple years?

My choices may seem silly, but everyone has a valid argument, I mean look at Immortal Technique, he shifted loads of copies by getting up and doing it from his car.

The beefing that happened when eminems album came out (96) may have had an affect.

Fuck I guess everyone may have contributed .

But this album is really DOPE man. :cool:

Also I like all the production on this album, real chill

Infinite

I assume you are talking about 'Infinite', but surely you should put that in your post. It was an independent release. They don't sell well. Simple.

Lol ya know whats funny...Nobody gave a fuck about infinite untill some 1 with alot of posts or mod powers or admin or just is known as a hip hop head said it was a masterpiece. Now every member on this board is saying OMG ITS A MASTERPIECE.

DONDI said:
Lol ya know whats funny...Nobody gave a fuck about infinite untill some 1 with alot of posts or mod powers or admin or just is known as a hip hop head said it was a masterpiece. Now every member on this board is saying OMG ITS A MASTERPIECE.
I guess that would make us eminem dickriders now huh :rolleyes:

Have you listened to Infinite?

xxsaraxx said:
I guess that would make us eminem dickriders now huh :rolleyes:

Have you listened to Infinite?
yeah and ur not a dickryder maybe you are but i didnt say that.

Infinite was nice and all that but I don't really like it i just stated what i've seen haha

DONDI said:
yeah and ur not a dickryder maybe you are but i didnt say that.

Infinite was nice and all that but I don't really like it i just stated what i've seen haha
Yeah but your not? WTF lol

Infinite was nice and all that - informative :)

xxsaraxx said:
Yeah but your not? WTF lol

Infinite was nice and all that - informative :)
yeah Im not lol maybe im in that position when we are discussin the slim shady lp cuz i do love that album.

Ok there was like 1 track i really liked of infinite and that was Maxine the rest was kinda crappy to me gotta admit i havent heard it in years haha. :eek: OR wahatever the track is called

it didn't sell cause it didn't have dre and it didn't have one of his cross-dressing videos that gets all the lil kids excited besides the fact it was an independent release anyways. peace

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
DONDI said:
you havent been here for a week, so how the hell do you know any of this shit?

infinite has been getting its praises here for years

Bank Robber said:
you havent been here for a week, so how the hell do you know any of this shit?

infinite has been getting its praises here for years
Just let it go man just because it says i been here for a week dont mean i havent been here b4

i prefered em when he rapped with a teenage voice :p

and when he didnt take his self so serious he knew back then the album had to be dope to sell now he knows he cud put out a 60minute fart noise and it would sell :D

EM PLEASE REVERT BACK TO BEFORE EMINEM SHOW

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
infinite wasnt all that to me.Imo it was a weak as attemp by him to make an "illmatic" like sound.But as usaul,it was very lyrical.

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
Rosco said:
I assume you are talking about 'Infinite', but surely you should put that in your post. It was an independent release. They don't sell well. Simple.
yeah man :)

This thread is about Infinite.

soz :)

I notice because it was wack is not an option. That's funny, that's usually one of the reasons people dn't purchase a product....

Anyway, yeah Infinite was pretty good & his rhyme schemes were complex but poor promotion/distribution was a major factor although this appears to be similar to local/underground.

Basically, no-one knew who he was, & nobody cared either. (In the grand scheme of things)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.