Realest leaves DR, album dropping July

Old news their is no confirmed date for "Witness Tha Realest" as of yet :rolleyes: his first single "Sumthin Like A Pimp feat. dru down & devin the dude" dropped last week an is getting radio play in america :) you can also download this track free at his official site tharealest.com in zip format :p the album is getting distrubuted by tommy boy ;)

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Kevsta2004 said:
Old news their is no confirmed date for "Witness Tha Realest" as of yet :rolleyes: his first single "Sumthin Like A Pimp feat. dru down & devin the dude" dropped last week an is getting radio play in america :) you can also download this track free at his official site tharealest.com in zip format :p the album is getting distrubuted by tommy boy ;)

I'm afraid there is a release date - July 12th.

Thanks for the info Pittsey, btw didn't Tha Realest leave DR two or three years ago? Something that's also worth noticing is that his album is coming out the same day as Crooked I, I wonder who's going to sell more. I'm definitely getting Crooked I's album and if Tha Realest's album is that good then I'll also get it.

Peace

Pittsey said:
I'm afraid there is a release date - July 12th.
I wouldn't count on it ;) he always gives away release dates to give the album publicity :p
I'll wait until Enigma confirms it first :thumb:
I was basically letting you know the single is available to dl of his official site for free, I don't like how he sounds like a guest artist on his own album though :( hopefully the solo joints will blaze the only arist tha realest should have on his album is twin imo :thumb:

News on tommy boy

INDEPENDENCE DAY… FREE AT LAST AND THE FUTURE FORECAST

Tom Silverman, founder and CEO of Tommy Boy Music, is Tommy Boy Music, and in January of 2002, he issued the Declaration, buying back his record label, and becoming fully independent again under the slightly more accurate moniker of Tommy Boy Entertainment. Even though Tommy Boy remained largely autonomous, and independent in spirit during its successful tenure with AOL Time Warner, it is certainly good to be free again. And the future looks bright, as Tommy Boy will continue to do what it has always done: pioneering and producing influential dance and urban music. In the new century, Tommy Boy will bring major label quality with independent ethics and vision with artists like Amber, The Sneaker Pimps, and a long diverse list of other cutting-edge acts. Recently, Tommy Boy Music has become a two-headed monster with the new name of Tommy Boy Entertainment. We are going “beyond the music,” like the VH1 show bearing the same name, as we continue to expand. Look for future innovative television programming like Kung Faux, where old Kung Fu matinee classics are re-dubbed with the voices of your favorite friendly neighborhood MC’s. Tentatively, Guru of Gangstarr fame and Brooklyn shoot-em-up hooligans, M.O.P., as well as a host of others that scare the crap out of old white people are slated for the project. History is a precursor to the future and with Tommy Boy Entertainment’s consistent batting average, we’re sure to dominate well into the next century. Stay tuned while we take over the world…

-James Lee

http://www.tommyboyfulfillment.com/story.html

crookz on universal, they gonna be promoting him good since he signed a six figure deal with them, dunno about the realest though, but his album should have some nice cuts

PaulyPac said:
crookz on universal, they gonna be promoting him good since he signed a six figure deal with them, dunno about the realest though, but his album should have some nice cuts
He's not well known though & he get's hated on for sounding like pac.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Tha Realest is obviously a biter.

But he does do some good tracks, and with a guestlist the calibre of his, can't fail to shift a few copies.

Also release dates are always changing, I don't expect him to drop July 12th, especially if Crooked I is his competition, but that is the date he's given.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.