Ready to Die or Life After Death

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
Biggie's Life after death is the most over-rated cd possibly in the history of rap

Ready to Die on the other hand, one of the top 10 albums of all time

linx

Staff member
It's a really hard choice if you ask me. Most people might think "oh well since Life After Death has more songs, it's probably better.", but I wouldn't say that. Both albums have alot of songs that I really like. I honestly go back and forth between these two albums and I haven't ever really liked one alot more than the other. But, it seems all the songs i've liked on Life After Death, i've liked more than the songs I like on Ready To Die. Know what i'm saying? Hypnotize, Kick In The Door, Last Day, What's Beef, Niggas Bleed, Notorious Thugs, Miss U, Going Back To Cali, Ten Crack Commandments, Sky's The Limit, My Downfall, Long Kiss Goodnight and even Mo Money Mo Problems.

On Ready To Die you got Things Done Changed, Gimmie The Loot, Machine Gun Funk, Warning, Ready To Die, One More Chance, The What, Juicy, Everyday Struggle, Big Poppa, Unbelievable and Suicidal Thoughts.I'd say they are both close to having about an equal amount of songs I like. The other songs aren't bad, but there are just some you feel more than others. :thumb:

Kadafi Son

Life After Death had some cool songs on it, but some were just filler tracks that I ain't really like. But on Ready 2 Die, every song had a point to it. I think Ready 2 Die takes a shit on Life After Death. Ready 2 Die was his best. (Iwonder what would have happened if he released more albums?)

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
Life after death is heaps better. Ready 2 Die...his flow and voice wasnt as good, beats werent as sick...just not as good as life after death. Tracks like;

your nobody till somebody kills you
notorious thugs
missin u
10 crack commandments
niggaz bleed
whats beef
somebodys gota die
my downfall
hypnotize
long kiss
kick in the door
i love the dough
last day
mo money mo problems
world is filled
skys the limit

All crazy tracks. I duno, i have never really felt ready 2 die. Im not saying its not a classic i just prefer the 1996-1997 eastcoast sound life after death had on it.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Bank Robber said:
Biggie's Life after death is the most over-rated cd possibly in the history of rap

Yeah I agree with that. Life After Death just had too much filler on it and too much of Puffy's touch. Ready To Die is classic, its what made BIG. Had he released Life After Death as his debute, he wouldnt be anywhere near as big as he is.

Ready To Die >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Life After Death.

This should have been a poll.

linx

Staff member
It's like a broken record in here now. There might be some songs that aren't great on Life After Death, but it's not that bad of an album. It has just as many, if not more "good" songs than Ready To Die. Because it was a double disc? Maybe. I said there were about an even amount of songs I really liked on both, but does that mean Ready To Die has the edge because it's only one disc as opposed to Life After Death which is 2?

Ready To Die. I don't think anyone can argue that this is not a classic album. Life After Death is a great album with some of Biggie's best work on there, but it seems watered down compared to Ready To Die. It also contains a few mediocre songs, which is generally expected as it is a double disc album.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.