Rashida Jones’s Beef With Tupac Shakur

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
In an interview published on EURweb.com, Rashida Jones – daughter of music icon Quincy Jones and actress Peggy Lipton – spoke about the hurtful comments the late Tupac Shakur had made about her and her family in 1994 in an interview with The Source.

During the 1994 interview, Shakur expressed his disapproval for Quincy Jones marrying a white woman and having children that were “all mixed and [expletive] up because they were biracial.”

In 1996, Shakur and older sister of Rashida (Kidada Jones) were to be wed, but because of Shakur’s untimely passing later that year, the wedding never took place.

Kam Williams: What was the source of your beef with Tupac?

Rashida Jones: He did this interview in The Source Magazine in which he started ripping on interracial relationships, saying that they ruined the black race and stuff like that. I got pretty irate and frustrated, so I wrote him an open letter.

Kam Williams: When he was murdered, did the police come to speak to you?

Rashida Jones: No

Kam Williams: Just kidding. How did you feel when your sister, Kidada, started dating him?

Rashida Jones: He apologized a lot, but we had to work through it.

Kobe

That was a young, immature and misguided 2pac when he said that. By stating this, I'm not even defending the comments he made about Quincy Jones and his family. In addition, I think they were prolly some of the dumbest words that ever came out of 2pac's mouth.

We all know he worked things out in the end with Quincy Jones. Clearly Rashida (she is fine) still takes those comments to heart coz 2pac's words live forever, no matter what context they are made in.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
^ don't forget who her father is. if she really wanted to "keep her name relevant" it would've happened a long time ago

her father is Quincy Jones....

If you ask any young cat who Quincy Jones is...more likely than not..they'd be like whoooo?????????

Ask them who Pac is/was....you'd get alot more of a reaction...........

besides...her dad's name means dick in the movie biz...if that was the case...after being a part of Boston Public (which was a good show) she/her name would have took off...that show ended when and until now she has a big budget film coming out???

unbelievable

i cant believe the disrespect one of you guys have said about QJones.

This is a man that has done everything in the entertainment business.

He has won 27 Grammy Awards nominated for 79 Grammy awards more then any other person in history.

nominated for a Oscar for best producer.

Without him Michael Jackson wouldnt have had the career he had after producing the biggest and best album ever made Michael Jackson's Thriller which sold over 100 million copies.

There would not be Will Smith the actor. After Will Smith appeared on a little show Quincy Jones produced and created call Fresh Prince Of Bel Air in the early 90s.
Alot of those black Tv shows i grew up watching he produced.

Has Produced Scores for heaps of movies and Tv shows.

Directed Music Videos.

He has produced music for every genre of music from Rock'n'roll to Blues to RnB to Jazz to Hip Hop, to country and more.

Now in terms of Hip Hop. Dr Dre in Hip Hop is considered the best alongside J-Dilla and is maybe even a Genius. Dr Dre in hip hop is to Quincy Jones in All music. If quincy Jones became a strictly Hip Hop producer he would wipe the floor with Dr Dre and any other Hip Hop producer. Have some Respect..........

now you said something about being relevant or if he has any pull in the entertainment industry (i think you said his name means dick in the movie biz). hahahaha

When you think of the entertainment business whether that be Music or Movies. Quincy Jones is the best thats ever did it and ever will do it............

oh yeah. i dont know where your from but if you go into any black community and ask about quincy jones and 2pac and ask who is bigger or want to find who would get a bigger reaction if you think the answer is 2pac? then get off 2pacs dick and get a real life. you eminem, 50 cent loving hip hop fan. open your f--kn eyes ...............

peace...........

Again, nothing new.

I was watching The Office with my older brother (he loves that show), and he was commenting on how she doesn't even really look black. She is very pretty though, more so than Kidada. AND she's smart.

1. I know who Quincy Jones is.
2. I wrote, "if you ask any YOUNG cat who Quincy Jones is...they'd more likely than not say whoo????"...
3. What does the black community have anything to do with this????I was speaking in general terms..no need to bring or single out that community.
4. Quincy Jones has created a great name for himself over the years resulting in tremendous accomplishments, musically racking up awards and creating or help create sub genre's of music we all listen till this day...

MY POINT IS/WAS that his daughter Rashida is using an incident that happened between her father and Tupac that was resolved, to keep her name relevent. THAT IS ALL.

reply to pclvson

well first of all you were being disrespectful when saying her dad meant "dick" in the movie bizz.
thats why i wrote something.

and second I didnt single out the black community. i thought maybe you talking about the black community or that you are black. since you act like you know so much about Q and his daughter.

You were saying that young people wouldnt know who Q.Jones is......

I am part of the black community and i was implying that Quincy Jones would be known on a wider range through out the black community more then most people including Tupac shakur.

In the black community before you start listening to hip hop you go and listen to blues jazz rocknroll etc or in my case reggae calypso.
as you got older maybe 11 or 12 years old you started listening to the older stuff.

If your talking about now days? then i wouldnt expect young kids 10 11 or 12 yrs old or even 15 years old to know who Tupac Shakur is let alone Quincy Jones.

and no disrespect to my lighter skin brothers because Q.jones is a big icon in all communities including the white community. much love.

also i think people need to open there eyes when it comes to hip hop. Tupac was huge but theres other artists out there.

Make time for them all.

To me Notorious B.I.G is the greatest to pick up a mic.
(i know im going to get replies for that one)

peace.

ArtsyGirl

I agree with the chronical on most of what he said. Saying Quincy has no pull in the movie biz is a very strange thing to say.

On the Rashida Jones thing I don't see how SHE is bringing this up to help her career. For one the interviewer decides the questions she just answered them and secondly how exactly does this help her career? She's not saying her and 'Pac were tight she's saying she has problems, to the 2Pac / Hip Hop fan base thats more a negative and to the non 2Pac / Hip Hop fan base it really doesn't mean anything..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.