Rappers call truce

Status
Not open for further replies.

FEUDING gangsta rappers 50 Cent and The Game have called a truce to set a good example to fans.

The two stars, who have at least 14 bullet wounds between them, said they would make donations to musical foundations in Harlem and in Compton, the rundown Los Angeles neighborhood where The Game grew up.
"Game and I need to set an example in the community," 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, said in their joint statement.

The spat between 50 Cent and his former protege, whose real name is Jayceon Taylor, came to a head last week when a man said to be part of The Game's entourage was shot in the leg outside a radio station where 50 Cent was doing an interview.

Hours later, shots were fired at the offices of 50 Cent's representatives, Violator Management.

Gangsta rap conflicts have been deadly in the past. Tupac Shakur was shot dead in Las Vegas in 1996. Christopher "The Notorious B.I.G." Wallace was gunned down in Los Angeles in 1997.

The Game, who admits that he was once a drug dealer, said he wanted to show that problems could be resolved through talk.

"Maybe we can help save some lives ... the way rap music saved mine," he said.

"I'm launching a new foundation, the G-Unity Foundation, Inc., to help people overcome obstacles and make a change for the better in their lives ... to help them overcome their situations," said 50 Cent.

"I realised that if I'm going to be effective at that, I have to overcome some of my own."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.