Rapper MIMS breaks through with smash single

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
MIMS, rap's newest sensation, is enjoying the success of his smash "This Is Why I'm Hot" single, which is a Top 15 song at Rhythmic radio and Top 20 at Urban radio. The song's video is already being played extensively on two BET staples: 106th & Park countdown and Rap City. The clip has also been added at MTV2 and MTV Jams, and premiers on MTV's Sucker Free January 29 at 7 p.m.

"This Is Why I'm Hot," a skeletal, braggadocio club track that gives nods to classic New York rap, Midwest Hip-Hop, Southern rap and hyphy movements, was produced by The Blackout Movement and has already been streamed more than 2 million times on Myspace. "If you listen to the record, I've got a bit of everything in there," says the Washington Heights, New York-based rapper. "I'm showing love to all the different regions."

"This is Why I'm Hot" is the lead single from MIMS' debut album, the highly anticipated Music Is My Savior, which is due in stores April 3rd . The single is also available as a ring tone. The "Why I'm Hot" reggae remix toasts to MIMS' Jamaican roots with guest appearances by Junior Reid and Baby Cham. Music Is My Savior also features the future club hits "It's Alright" and "Like This," and is also balanced by such personal songs as "Don't Cry," which details MIMS' relationship with his late parents, and "Doctor Doctor," a conceptual gem where MIMS takes himself through a psychiatry session.

"As an artist I want people to expect the unexpected," he says. "Don't think for one minute that I am going to come this way all the time. You'll hear one record and go wild - 'Wow. He did that?' I want people to listen to the album and expect the unexpected because this is only the beginning. It is going to get better than this."

www.mimsmusic.net
www.myspace.com/mimsfanclub

Music Is My Savior In Stores April 3rd

This Is Why I'm Hot" Audio

"This Is Why I'm Hot" Video

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
THe beat and the way he raps on it is MAD catchy, but the song sucks so much ass. I heard it like 11 times today driving up to the city.

MAD annoying.
It reminds me of "Walk It Out"

Snowman

this isnt a bad song at all. i saw this video a couple of days ago on 106 and park.

its one of those songs that will grow on everybody.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
^Yeah I seen it on there recently too snowman.

Pittsey said:
I like the concept..
lol thats what i originally wrote b4 switching it to "mad catchy".

I wish he would speak more on the verse itself, u know?

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
This is why hes wack, this is why hes wack, this is why this is why this is why hes wack.

Im sorry but repetitive lyrics like this do not count as hip hop. you can only say the same damn line a hand full of times.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
If the song is a mockery, which I highly doubt(Fuck what Eric says), then it's good for the head-up-the-ass hip hop crowd.

If the song is just the way it is, it's good for me. I really like it.

ARon

"I can make a million sayin nothing on a track"

Sometimes I wish he would prove it. The beat isn't too bad and all but the hook kills me. I dont mind it being repetitive or anything its just so bad. It's catchy as hell, I can see why this song would do good but man, something about that hook makes me hate it. The song does sound good though, I wouldnt be mad if it came on in the club or at a party or something.

People need to quit with the this aint Hip-Hop shit, get over yourself.

Aristotle said:
People need to quit with the this aint Hip-Hop shit, get over yourself.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: They must don't realize that Hip-Hop started off as a big ass party, so why all the hate on club singles, I'll never know....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.