Rap Record of '06 (So Far)

jbrolax

im almost positive detox will do the same numbers if its just instrumental and no lyrics...anyway when it does come out it will be sweet. im not waiting because i know its gonna come when it comes

only waiting on budden and nas...

I want budden to blow up like he should, but i know when he does i'll hate on him, I kinda like his neglection....

Defending the Bizzy & Dogg Pound records, Bizzy I kinda gave the 10th place on my list because it was the strongest record he's put out in the last two years or so (that's not saying a lot), and I feel bad for him and his situation. Dude's pretty much schizophrenic now, anybody listen to his infamous radio interview in Houston, I think it was? As far as the Dogg Pound record goes, it has one or two more solid songs than 40's record, IMO, and I liken the record to 213's record put out a couple years back. Good for what it is, but could've, should've been better, and we have Snoopy to blame for both of those records failing to be great.

Looking ahead, here's my small list of albums (hopefully) coming out the rest of this year that I'm really looking forward to:

1. Tech N9ne-Everready:The Religion (As far as I've heard, the only real holdup is Em laying his verse down on the collab track w/ Tech & Brotha Lynch, a few tracks have already leaked, and I'm DAMN excited!!!)

2. The Game-Doctor's Advocate (Everybody's got an opinion on the guy, but regardless of how you think about him, Game's overall sales could possibly determine the future of the West Coast. Plus, dude can rap, stripper or not. He single-handedly shut G-Unit up, he should get a Medal of Valor for that shit alone)

3. Crooked I-Bo$$ Music (I liked the hype for Say Hi to the Bad Guy better, myself, but you can always count on Crook to put out solid music. He's better than most, and very few people can say they outrapped Chino XL, yes I said it)

4. Daz Dillinger-So So Gangsta (I'm actually intrigued by this record. Daz of all people, is getting a real major label push, I liked that "Hood" single released w/ Nate a while ago, and as long as Daz is allowed behind the boards some, this could be a sleeper record)

5. Luniz-Operation Skrillion (I have heard nothing about this record, but I do know that Yuk by himself is loud, annoying, and out-of-control. When he's paired w/ Knumskull, he's calmer, more coherent, and can really flow, and I've always thought Knum as kind of an unsung hero ever since I heard both of them on Dru Down's first record)

Honorable Mentions: Dru Down-Attack Season, Xzibit-Full Circle, Regime-Regime Life

Intrigued By: Lil' Eazy-E-Prince of Compton

Album I'm Scared to Hear-Snooper Duper- The Blue Carpet Treatment

FREE DJ QUIK!!!

Personally i thought Fishscale was one of the weakest wu solo's to date, It's probably about the only album this year that i listened to once and never even felt like throwing it back in the cd player for a second spin... but thats just a personal opinion, if the majority is feelin' it then i guess ghostface was successful with that release

The best studio album is Murs's Murray's Revenge album with 9th Wonder's beats, the best live album of the year is Quik's Live at the House of Blues and the most wanted album is the new Boot Camp Clik shit in my opinion.

jbrolax

Da_Funk said:
Bronze Nazerth's "The Great Migration". One of the best recent rap albums I've heard in a few years.

I listened to it through twice, and never looked back. I dont see anything interesting about this album

So Far This Year I Was Feelin Bronze Narareth- THe Great Migration, Ghostface- Fishcale, ANd Jr Writer- History In The Making. In That Order

E40 is terrible and Yea Ghost Face had his best album out since Iron man, but there is other Candidates... Maybe the Game, Dr Dre(if it ever drops) and Of course Pac's new album later this yr

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.