Rap producer claims he's unfairly linked to officer's murder

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
A music producer who gave a ride to the suspect in last week's fatal shooting of a California Highway Patrol officer said he is unfairly being linked to the crime.

"I'm being treated like some sort of cop killer when I didn't know anything about it,'' said Christopher Hicks, 41. "This is a definite infliction on my character.''

Law enforcement officers said they consider Hicks a material witness, not a suspect in the killing Friday of officer Earl Scott, 36, who was shot in the face during a traffic stop near Ripon, about 10 miles north of Modesto.

Hicks, a veteran producer who has worked on movie soundtracks, is best known for his collaborations with rappers Dru Down and Da Luniz for their classic hit, "I Got 5 On It.

He admitted to seeing Allen on occasion, Hicks thought Allen had potential as a rapper for his label, C-Note Records. "The guy had talent, so I wasn't going to turn my back."

The suspect, Columbus Allen II, 30, is being held in Stanislaus County jail without bail after turning himself in to police.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.