Rap in Academia

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some articles I've stumbled upon that analyze rap lyrics.

"I SEE DEATH AROUND THE CORNER”: NIHILISM IN RAP MUSIC" by Charis E. Kubrin

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

"Changes in the prevalence of alcohol use in rap song lyrics, 1979–97" by Denise Herd

"Changes in drug use prevalence in rap music songs, 1979–1997" also by Denise Herd

"Tragic Narratives in Popular Culture: Depictions of Homicide in Rap Music" by Gwen Hunnicutt and Kristy Humble Andrews

S. Fourteen

Rapidshare is being a horseshit lately. No empty slots for <200KB files? Horseshit! I'm not going to sign up for such small files. Please provide The Corner with a better alternative. Thank you.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^While I agree that most (all) sociology research papers are bullshit and written for the sole purpose of academic dick jerking, they're not written with distaste for rap music. Also, the ones I posted deal directly with rap lyrics. If you look them up, they're all, except for one, young white women who went to liberal schools.

..and you know young white liberal girls don't mind a lil rap music.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^Fuck off. I didn't know what you needed pics for. It was that simple. Motherfucker I assume if you want to know what the authors look like, you would simply google their names and their faculty profiles would pop up dumbass.

S. Fourteen

the amount of miscommunication we're having here and in the movie thread is too much for me. I blame you.

Pics or GTFO = means nothing

I'm not sure where to begin with this one. = Objectification (mentioned in the article). Corruption of young minds (I do not belong to the Republican party). Dismissal of rap music (mostly due to some sort of feminist ideology).

YOU fuck off. Go watch your standard def. movies! :fury:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.