Rap.. i mean Rock Phenomenon:New Vlad Mixtape

"I did [Rock Phenomenon] for a couple of reasons. First, I wanted to come out with another official 'Phenomenon' mixtape, but I wanted to switch it up this time. I wanted to keep the same quality and work from the first couple of mixtapes, but totally change the genre of music," Vlad told us. "Actually, that's the main reason."

DJ Vlad and DJ Roc Raider have release the third installment of the Rap Phenomenon, but the pair has opted to unite rock-n-roll in Rock Phenomenon, a mixtape that includes Jay-Z/The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dr. Dre/ Korn, MOP/ Jimi Hendrix and many others.

Vlad said while commercial radio and video doesn't always reflect it, Hip-Hop has long been influenced by Rock-n-Roll and Heavy Metal.

“Early hip-hop was very Rock influenced,” Vlad continued. “Take a look at Rick Rubin. He produced all the early LL Cool J, Beastie Boys and some others like Run-DMC and it still works. All the Lil' Jon stuff, the M.O.P. stuff - all that really works with Rock. I heard Lil' Jon is actually working on a rock album with Rick Rubin right now."

The change comes as Vlad’s 2Pac Rap Phenomenon II was named the #3 Hip-Hop album of all time by Chris Rock in a recent edition of Rolling Stone magazine.

Vlad said he and award winning DJ Roc Raider attempted to show people just how well the genres of music actually blend together. To further drive the point home, the mixtape is hosted by Mike Shinoda, front-man for the platinum plus rock band, Linkin Park.

Shinoda himself recently dropped a Hip-Hop side project as a member of the group Fort Minor.

“2Pac Rap Phenomenon II is the biggest moving mixtape of all time, so there was a lot of pressure to live up to the 'Phenomenon' name. Every song on this mixtape is produced to death.”

more info : http://www.djvlad.com

Track List
DJ Vlad & Roc Raida - Rock Phenomenon (Hosted by Mike Shinoda)

1. "Intro"
2. "Lil Jon Vs. Ozzy Osbourne"
3. "Eminem Vs. Rage Against The Machine"
4. "Ice Cube Vs.Tool"
5. "Mike Shinoda Interlude"
6. "Ludacris Vs. AC/DC"
7. "M.O.P. Vs. Jimi Hendrix"
8. "Notorious B.I.G. Vs. Led Zeppelin"
9. "Eminem Vs. Disturbed"
10. "Mike Shinoda Interlude"
11. "DMX Vs. Nirvana"
12. "2Pac Vs. Survivor"
13. "Jay-Z Vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers"
14. "Mike Shinoda Interlude"
15. "Eminem Vs. M.O.P. Vs Queen (prod. Green Lantern)"
16. "2Pac Vs. Talib Kweli Vs. Rush"
17. "8Ball and MJG Vs. Slayer"
18. "Jay-Z Vs. Marilyn Manson"
19. "Linkin Park Vs. David Banner"
20. "Eminem Vs. The Eagles"
21. "2Pac Vs. John Lennon"
22. "50 Cent Vs. The Verve"
23. "2Pac Vs. Lynard Skynyrd"
24. "Korn Vs. Dr. Dre"
25. "Jimi Hendrix Vs. Eminem"

Casey

Staff member
Is it out yet? Can't wait to hear it!!!! Dj Muggs from Cypress Hill did a mixtape like this recently, rock mashups and it was fuckin sick. They shoulda done a mashup with Tupac and Guns N Roses though, lol.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
HellRazor05 said:
I haven't really heard anything he's done besides the 2Pac Rap Phenomenon. But I remember you and couple others sayin some negative stuff about him, is he really that bad? I don't know which songs he did on Rap Phenomenon but for the most part I liked the mixtape.

To be honest I'm a bit of a hater when it comes to Vlad and don't really give him a chance.

The Rap phenomenon was OK. I preferred the Biggie 1. But I've picked up other mixtapes which were horrible. He isn't anything special though, and most of the mixes I liked were other peoples.

gerrycurl21 said:
can anyone just up the nfo of it? stupid people mislabeling
what more info do u want? A link , a track list , and the ppl who put it 2gether?

What eles can any1 tell u about it, how Vlad felt during the making of songs or what he was eating while mixing them ..

Think_ThuGLiFE said:
what more info do u want? A link , a track list , and the ppl who put it 2gether?

What eles can any1 tell u about it, how Vlad felt during the making of songs or what he was eating while mixing them ..
The "nfo" of the extracted folder, usually has track listed exactly.

i want my files to be listed like

"09-nas-holy_ghosts_(featuring_styles_p.)_(produced_by_d-whoa.mp3"

also the folder name would be great
"VA-Dirty_Harry_And_Nasir_Jones-Living_Legends_Chapter_1-(Bootleg)-2005-WHOA"

gerrycurl21 said:
The "nfo" of the extracted folder, usually has track listed exactly.

i want my files to be listed like

"09-nas-holy_ghosts_(featuring_styles_p.)_(produced_by_d-whoa.mp3"

also the folder name would be great
"VA-Dirty_Harry_And_Nasir_Jones-Living_Legends_Chapter_1-(Bootleg)-2005-WHOA"
o my bad , didnt understand what u wanted... ya it doesnt have it , i wanted the same thing .

PuffnScruff

some of these songs are lame. but others are cool. the pac and skynard was cool. i didnt notice a common/sublime song on this. but if there is a song like that some body should up it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Staff online

Members online