Rap Award Blunder

List the top bullshit award blunders you remember from years past in any major award show (Grammy's, AMA, Source Awards, etc.), kind of like Jethro Tull winning the Best Metal award, but rap-wise.

Here's the biggest one I can think of:

1993 Soul Train Awards-Onyx-Bacdafucup beating The Chronic for Rap Album of the Year

?????

I would also say Diddy's No Way Out winning the '98 Grammy for Best Rap Album, but there weren't that many good nominees that year. Life After Death amd Wu-Tang Forever were other nominees, I believe.But Diddy should never win a Grammy.

Or how about 'Pac w/ SIX Grammy nominations in three different years, and not one win.

AmerikazMost

KanDeeMan said:
1993 Soul Train Awards-Onyx-Bacdafucup beating The Chronic for Rap Album of the Year
East Coast bias.

But also, The Chronic is great for its impact just as much as its actual music, and the impact it had on the game wasn't evident right away.

Even so, strictly on album quality, Chronic > Bacdafucup. I'm just hoping to explain the decision to some extent.

Tuesday, March 9, 1993 at the
Shrine Auditorium - Los Angeles, CA

That makes the award even weirder, you wouldn't think East Coast bias in LA.

AmerikazMost

KanDeeMan said:
Tuesday, March 9, 1993 at the
Shrine Auditorium - Los Angeles, CA

That makes the award even weirder, you wouldn't think East Coast bias in LA.
It doesn't matter where the ceremony's held. Only the media and whoever voted's opinions.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.