Random:

roaches

The sober roaches movement is in full effect. I've been having some vertigo issues - the other night I leaned back too far in my chair while talking to a lady and smashed one elbow on the X-box, and gave the other some nasty rug burn while scrambling to get up. Gave someone else rug burn on the knees later that night, though, so it's all good.

Sample of the lineup at the moment:
* Beanie Sigel's shit
* Blueprint's shit
* Edan's shit
* The Game's shit
* The new Quasimoto shit
* Common's shit
* Nottz's shit
* The Young Money mixtape (DJ Drama is that motherfucker and all, but I'll take the double-disc version over his, even if it trims the fat, emcee-wise)

Cage - "Hell's Winter"
Fat Joe - "Safe 2 Say"
Konkrete / Big Boi - "D Boy Stance"
G-Unit - "Hate It Or Love It (Remix)"
MOP - "Instigator"
Saigon - "The Letter P", "War"
Paul Wall - "Sittin Sideways"
Lil' Wayne - "Lil Wayne's Takeover 2"
Various joints off of DJ Smallz's Southern Smoke 17:
* Bun B - "Take a Closer Look Muthafucka"
* Bun B / Mddlfngz / Killa Kyleon - "Gangsta Music"
* Mddlfngz / Scarface / Chamillionaire - "Rollin"
* Bun B / Mddlfngz / Chamillionaire - "Deep Off in the Game"
* Paul Wall / Bun B / Webbie / Hot Wright - "G-Code"
* Bun B / Mddlfngz / Dr. King, Jr. (lmao) - "Dreams"

I'm just waiting for somebody to just rap over all of the instrumentals to that album and get the shit over with. I thought Ras Kass would do it, but I guess he won't. Speaking of him, though - Strong Arm Steady is dope. I've got some Krondon and Mitchy Slick shit in rotation as well, haven't given it a proper listen though.

* I'm waiting for some new shit from Brother Ali.

* Heard some interview where Madlib said that he was gonna do another Jaylib album. And another Madvillain album, this one Yesterday's New Quintet-ish (think "Great Day" off of the first one), and maybe all three of them would have a circle jerk and release that, too. Should be dope.

* If you have any JT the Bigga Figga or Crucial Conflict albums, you need to holla at me. The same if you've got that new Sean Price.

* I don't know if y'all remember Nalij, who used to mod this very board. Kid's got BEATS. A lot of them are some namby-pamby pretty tea party and toenail painting shit, but he's also got some bangers for real. His beats are already starting to move, and he's submitted a tape to Ras Kass as well. Much luck to him.

* Do you have a copy of Breaking Atoms? I do. It's the only cassette I own. I'm thinking about buying the purple tape if I see it on eBay. I used to have mad tapes. Wonder where they went.

* I still get angry over the apostrophe in Kool Keith's old group's name.

* YOU CAN PLAY WIT CHO KIDS, PLAY WIT CHO WIFE, BUT PLAY WIT THIS POST BITCH AND YOU PLAYIN WIT YO LIFE.

* Sage Francis sells merchandise using Fruit of the Loom t-shirts, and Prefuse 73 sold his music to Foot Locker.

* Inspectah Deck is ruining his own career. Smart guy!

* Does anyone have Word.. Life screwed and chopped? Thx.

ARon

"Gave someone else rug burn on the knees later that night, though, so it's all good."
Funny.
I got some CC.
Does that Nalij kid got a site or anything, aint he like 15 or 16?
I got Breaking Atoms on Vinyl, its sloppy though i've cut it up too much.
Your random threads are like the most interesting posts we have anymore, keep em coming.
Oh yeah Quasimoto is ill, what a creative ass way to make an album.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Shit! I can't believe it! I remember him, he used to drop some sick texts on this board. I'm glad he's making moves. He's like 16, now.

aloivas' random:

On Common's new shit:
- Jay Dee's two and a half beats on the new Common were probably the best on the album. He should've done more.
- Boo @ that version of "The Food" - what the fuck is that? And boo @ Kanye's non existant drums on a few tracks throughout.
- "BE" is one of Kanye's best beats - a properly mastered version is gonna be even better. Overall, this album could be Kanye's "Doggystyle".
- I've listened to the album 3 times through and i haven't even listened to the lyrics properly yet.

Other:
- Buckshot/9th's "Chemistry" is released on May 24th.

roaches

Does that Nalij kid got a site or anything, aint he like 15 or 16?
1. Forgot to mention, he just goes by Kelvin now. http://www.kelvinmakesmusic.com/sightsound.html has some of his beats.

How is INS ruining his own career?
He was supposed to do an album with DJ Muggs, but now he's acting like he's too busy to actually do it. (The bright side is, Muggs is going to do an album with GZA instead.) It's also pretty known that he avoids working with the RZA on some ego trip shit.

- Boo @ that version of "The Food" - what the fuck is that? And boo @ Kanye's non existant drums on a few tracks throughout.
That's because the version we have isn't properly mastered and isn't even decent quality. Hopefully things will get better when the album in its final form surfaces... but they're Kanye drums, I don't expect them to be that hard.

That's because the version we have isn't properly mastered and isn't even decent quality.
It's not the quality that irks me. It's that the album version is completely different to the Chappelle Show live version i have. In the live version they're practically screaming the chorus, whereas in this one they're almost whispering. Plus the live version had scratches and Com was rapping with more energy.

roaches

The energy - it's a live show, man, of course it's gonna be more hype, lol. Common has one of the best shows in hip-hop. As for the scratching - blame DJ Dummy for deciding to do that on the show.

I feel you, though. I saw that performance and it was the first new Common shit I'd heard/seen since Electric Circus. I was floored. Hard to recreate that magic.

I kind of wish i never heard that performance now..and damn Kanye's drums in that song. The snares have no goddamn thump. Where's that boom bap?

I'm just being picky now.

PDT

GZA & Muggs is a better match up, GZA style is darker, goes with Muggs beats, like wit RZA. He got that "Return Of The Rebel" album comin' out, hopefully Masta inspired him to drop some real shit, not just him but tha rest of tha Wu, too.

roaches

[font=, Verdana]The Notorious B.I.G. /Life After Death / 1997-03-04 / 4,656,749
2Pac /All Eyez On Me / 1996-02-06 / 4,472,243

None of these motherfuckers are diamond.
[/font]

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.