Random:

roaches

* The lack of a "New York" remix is a wasted opportunity, imo. So many dope ways Ja an'nem could flip it.
* 2001 had Finesse, The Documentary had Buckwild... I thought The Massacre would feature a different DITC producer. That would've been dope on Dre's part.
* Hi-Tek beats are disgustingly dope. Talib Kweli should hang himself.
* Fat Joe reacting to "Piggybank" (which is wack, so I guess it'll be like ether for these fuckers?) on Hot97... he was on point. Maybe I'm just biased towards him right now because "Safe to Say" is so goddamn good.
* What's the last interesting thing that happened in NY hip-hop that didn't involve beef in some way?
* DJ Drama and Lil' Wayne's mixtape for Young Money is goddamn fire. Weezy over "Knuck if You Buck" alone... *flatline*. The rest of the boys aren't too bad, either.
* Speaking of DJ Drama - when's a label going to wise up and make him an A&R or give him an imprint?
* Freeway's "Hear This Song" is better than Nas's "Just a Moment". Quan's dope, but I'm pretty sure he'll turn out like Lauryn Hill, but with a dick and cornier and muddled Nas style.
* Traditional knowledge of music is pretty much useless when it comes to hip-hop. And it should stay that way.
* Percee P's finally dropping an album, and it's going to be produced in its entirety by Madlib. This is entirely too dope.
* Mr. Len and Prince Paul's album together should be thoroughly entertaining.
* Is there anyone less deserving of hype than Danger Mouse? Kno should've thought of it first.
* Cipha Sounds interviewed Jay-Z on Sirius's Shade 45 channel (the one run by Eminem). He mentioned, somewhat off-hand, during the interview that everything on that channel is censored/screened by Eminem/Paul Roseneberg. That's pretty wack.
* Some things about 8 Mile set hip-hop's image back, but Cheddar Bob as a punchline/simile in rap songs makes up for it.
* A certain rapper's primary audience is not the same as most of hip-hop's audience. Most of his buzz does not come from the same channels that hip-hop's buzz comes from. He barely interacts with other members of the artform outside of the ones he's bound to by record contracts. His last album was pretty much terrible, and hasn't produced strong singles. He isn't relevant, is he.
* I feel bad for R&B, after hearing rappers rap easily over the instrumentals to current hits. Not loops or samples of them, but the entire instrumentals.
* There's a very easy way for Ice Cube to become a great rapper again. Every day, he should pick up the phone and dial Immortal Technique/a member of dead prez/some other social activist who wrongly thinks he can rap and say, "Hey, what specific topics and issues are on your mind today?", and write bars about that. That, and hang out in his old neighborhoods during the afternoon.
* Y'all realize that certain people are gonna try to take hip-hop from us, right? Every joke someone makes about Bob Dylan or the Beatles... beware. Constant vigilance!
* I didn't realize Kanye made hard beats. I-i-i wish he'd continue to give me this feeling.
* Hip-hop songs with unorthodox lengths are dope. It's easy to make short dope songs, though. Just rap one verse over a beat and you can be done. Long ones, though? Chamillionaire's "Backup Plan" is pretty long, but it stays dope throughout. Not a lot of other recent joints doing that.
* So they're going to stop producing vinyl for records in or around 2007. I can't be mad, since it's for environmental reasons as well as just plain business, but.... you know? I'll miss music with the same diameter as me (KNOWMSAYIN???).
* There's a very real possibility of Will Smith putting out a very good album. I'll start anticipating if he puts it out as the Fresh Prince.
* Someone swung a Maglite on me once, and it caused fantastic damage to my head. I heard blood coming out, and at that point I realized I liked it and wanted it to be done to me again.

Lok

* Someone swung a Maglite on me once, and it caused fantastic damage to my head. I heard blood coming out, and at that point I realized I liked it and wanted it to be done to me again.

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
* Freeway's "Hear This Song" is better than Nas's "Just a Moment". Quan's dope, but I'm pretty sure he'll turn out like Lauryn Hill, but with a dick and cornier and muddled Nas style.

Could you post this song ??

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online