Random:

roaches

* That Young Jeezy remix with Jay-Z and Fat Joe... useless.
* That new Saigon is all right, but I'm no longer looking forward to his album.
* I had hopes for the Cee-lo / Jaze Pha collabo, but the first single is garbage. I guess the effective time of death of Cee-lo's career as a dope MC is Big Boi's "Reset".
* 8 out of 10: DJ Paul and Juicy J, DJ Premier, Dr. Dre, Mannie Fresh, Marley Marl, Organized Noize Productions, RZA, Timbaland. I'm having trouble settling on two more. DJ Quik? Extra P? Pete Rock? El-P? Beats by the Pound / Medicine Men? Q-Tip? Prince Paul? Mike Dean? Bomb Squad?
* Bun B's solo album is most likely going to disappoint.
* John Robinson Project - "Black Gold"
* I was doubting whether I still really cared about hip-hop. I decided to put a few things on eBay so I could keep myself in the black. The 2001 reissue of Operation: Doomsday! gets you a hundred bucks and then some, and that's the CD version. I couldn't bring myself to put my LP up, or anything else from my crates. I'm a sentimental fuck and I will stab whoever scratched side C of my promo of Beanie Sigel's last album.
* Rhymefest has a future.
* Classic hip-hop songs with bad beats: *crickets*
* That JR Writer with Birdman JR is heat.
* Was Fantastic Damage the last good rap record to make good use of a DJ?
* The Mike Patton and X-ecutioners album was pretty cool.

roaches said:
Based on what? I agree but I can only say because of my intuition and lack of faith in him being able to hold down a song by himself.

^That song on Rap-a-lot's website called "Draped Up" from Bun B.'s upcoming solo "Trill" is dope as fuck, especially if you're from the South and are used to our style of living and riding sippin' lean, the song mos def fits our persona and country ass aspects!

gonna have to agree, his standards are so high, its almost certain to be filler somewhere.

ps dizzy rascal/bun b track ? is it leaked yet.......

roaches

Based on what? I agree but I can only say because of my intuition and lack of faith in him being able to hold down a song by himself.
* Fat Joe is going to be on it.
* "Draped Up" isn't that great. He turns it in a solid performance, but it's hella formulaic. Salih Williams is two for two in the public eye so I can't really blame him, but he's obviously catering to the crowd instead of doing his own thing.
* I don't think he has enough confidence. It's easy to rip shit on guest appearances and mixtape joints, because someone else has come up with the concept and you just have to write bars to fill your space. UGK always acknowledged that while Bun B was the raw talent on the mic, Pimp C was the one who was actually putting records together. Bun B's inability to do so on his own was what's been holding him back from making a solo record for so long.

saigon is the kinda of rapper i find myself cheering for.. like modern day 50 cent, u kno they can give u gifts but ur listening on the sidelines cringing like... awww c'mon man I know you can do it, like last time awww crap... and then every 16 bars u get one nicey that feels like the first time you heard em. i dunno how good the album will be tho

7 Syns

(7) besides Common's be, Blueprint's 1988 and One.be.lo's s.o.n.o.g.r.a.m., i haven't bought anything thats struck out to me as above average. From a year that promised much, it's been rather mediocore thus far.

(7) one of the best mixtape's that features underground emcee's freestyling it out is DJ Andrew Unknown and DJ Mekalek's "Ain't no love: the lost freestyle session vol.2". I recommed for y'all to check it out. Tracklist at the end of the post.

(7) i'm not really on the look-out for Quik's new opus "trauma", dunno why either.

(7) Pete Rock's & CL Smooth's "the main ingredient" is great.

---
Ain't no love vol. 2, tracklisting
1. Ain't No Love Intro
2. Main-Flow, Louiville Sluggah & Wordsworth - Premier
3. Akrobatik - Night Excursions
4. Punchline, Mike Zoot & Al-Shid - Real Hip Hop
5. Mr. Complex & Life-Long - Large Pro
6. Word Of Mouth - Up Against The Wall Halucination
7. Grap - The ? Remains Spontaneous
8. Louis Logic, J-Treds, Wizeguy & Gaston - Buckwild
9. Breez Evahflowin, Poiseon Pen & C-Rayz Walz - Handle Your Business
10. Broken Bus - Time Machine & Funk Bunker Fleet
11. Halfway Intermission
12. Apathy & Rise - Rocafella
13. A.L., Eddie Brock & L-Swift - Firewater
14. Ruck (Sean Price) & Kaliba - Last Days
15. Esoteric, J-Treds & Breezly Brewin - Gunn Clapp
16. Absolute & Pumpkinhead - Unbelievable
17. Percee P & Rok One - T.O.N.Y. C.R.E.A.M.
18. Al-Shid, Hug & J-Zone - My Minds Playin Tricks On Me
19. Masta Ace - Death Be The Penalty
20. Apathy, Celph Titled & Graph - Rare Species
21. Rock - Still Shinin'
22. Cocoa Brovaz & Buckshot - Murder She Wrote

peace.

Since this is a "Random" thread I was at the club earlier tonight at they played a song I haven't heard in ages which I would always hear on the radio long time ago, but I never knew who the artist is nor' the song I would just bump that bitch! So someone which I know one of you know this joint, could U help me out the hook I still believe goes:

"Check it out homie, check it out y'all;
check it out homie, check it out y'all;
check it out homie, check it out y'all;
check it homie, I was born to brawl;

Soon as the DJ dropped the beat I was fuckin' bouncing and like I said I remember hearing this song a lot in the past but never knew the damn name, but now I gotta get it so I can ride to that shit, appreciate any and all of your help one luv!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.