random ish..

7 Syns

* "Getting Up Anthem" with Talib Kweli & Rakim is a real nice track, has an anthem feel to it and both mc's comes correct. Does this mean Ra is officially linked to Talib's label like the rumors suggested?

* "Blood on the chef's apron" mixtape by Raekwon is the illest shit his done since "Cuban Linx". Part II is looking real good even if Im not totally convinved about his newer flow. I need a req. tracklist for this mixtape aswell.

* "The Love Movement" by A Tribe just jumped a few places in my favorite records catergory. After abusing it by not listening to it for years, I put it in the deck last week and it's still in there. The whole chilled, lounge feel is timeless... Only "Low End" and "Maurauders" are better.

* "Trill" by Bun is decent but I knew I wouldn't like it as much as I wanted to. Way too much radio forced fed material, "The Story" is arguebly one of the better tracks this year though.

* "Living Legends: Nas" mixtape is dope, it's a great addition to the Rap Phenonemon series even if its not part of it.

peace.

7 Syns said:
* "Getting Up Anthem" with Talib Kweli & Rakim is a real nice track, has an anthem feel to it and both mc's comes correct. Does this mean Ra is officially linked to Talib's label like the rumors suggested?
Song is tight, Both emcess came real nice.

Maybe they were just associated by doing this collab and in some preliminary talks about Rakim possibly joining that Blacksmith label, and Kweli was just expressing desires or whatever. I'm still far from convinced that Kweli will form this label with those he mentioned, I guess it may be possible for a one album deal or something taking into consideration the artists he wants to sign (DOOM, Jean Grae).

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.