Rakim show last night.

linx

Staff member
So yeah.. last night was the night where I finally got to see Rakim live. I waited forever for that! I don't care how old some people think he is, he's still the god Rakim. He killed it though. A local dude named Jon Hope (who's pretty dope) opened the show and did his thing. Styles was supposed to go on next, but he didn't show up. I kind of figured he wouldn't. I just had a feeling. Kid Capri came on next and started playing some shit to get the crowd going and it definitely worked. He played some hot shit and worked magic like only he could for a while. They started to introduce someone and the way they were introducing.. I knew it couldn't be styles. So Ra came out and the crowd went wild. He did all kinds of old school shit from his classic records with Eric B and he did shit off of his solo albums. I'd name all of the songs, but anyone that knows Rakim could guess fairly easily. Ra said he got his album dropping late summer and Kid Capri would be involved.

Overall it wasn't a bad show, but I was kinda "eh" about Styles not showing. I've always been a fan and I wanted to see him there too. It was whatever though. I'd say the last few shows I went to were better overall cause they were longer and there were more performances. Little Brother killed it when they opened for Method Man and Sean Price killed it when he opened for Ghostface. The Apathy, Celph Titled, Esoteric, Little Brother, Fort Minor show was very dope as well. There were more there but I can't think of all the people.

linx

Staff member
roaches said:
Rakim's not bad live, but *the* golden-age MC to see live is Big Daddy Kane.
Yeah.. he is another one i've wanted to see live for years now. I'm kind of doubting he will ever come here. I'm sure he has before, but who knows if he will ever come back.

ARon

How you gonna complain about Styles not bein there when you got Ra right in front of you. I'd trade in all the shows you said you seen to see Ra. He is probably the one guy I want to see live more than anyone that I havent seen.

Also yeah Kane would be tight too, Im about to go watch that VH1 Hip-Hop Honors shit again, when they had him on it it was crazy, I mean he still did the splits, how tight is that.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.