Rakim ready to drop album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Rakim has announced that his forthcoming solo album, The Seventh Seal, will be released sometime before the end of the summer via his own label.

According to reports, the disc will not feature production by Dr. Dre, as had previously been promoted. The album will, however, feature a guest appearance by Nas.

Pittsey said:
Rakim has announced that his forthcoming solo album, The Seventh Seal, will be released sometime before the end of the summer via his own label.

According to reports, the disc will not feature production by Dr. Dre, as had previously been promoted. The album will, however, feature a guest appearance by Nas.

god rakim will bless the rap industry with a diamond

AmerikazMost

Sandeep14 said:
do who is rakim wiv? which record label?
i heard he buys some beats off dre, but is not actually a member of aftermath...
His own.

Maybe it's just because I've been following this so carefully, but this isn't news. Maybe the no Dre part, but I already assumed that.

I was hoping for something new :(

rakim said in 2003 on mtv award shit he wit aftermath eminem and doctor dre "its gonna be crazy" then like a year later he was like i aint fuckin wit dre because he wouldnt ever show up to the studio for the beats other people would come in and do it for him...now i love the whole shady aftermath rasta and all but....that is fuckin LAME, i mean common its fuckin RAKIM, fuckin show up...jesus:angry:

^its sad but true

many projects have been scrapped simply because Dre has been too lazy to get into the studio or get off his ass. but when he does, its always dope so i just wait for it

houseofpain said:
rakim said in 2003 on mtv award shit he wit aftermath eminem and doctor dre "its gonna be crazy" then like a year later he was like i aint fuckin wit dre because he wouldnt ever show up to the studio for the beats other people would come in and do it for him...now i love the whole shady aftermath rasta and all but....that is fuckin LAME, i mean common its fuckin RAKIM, fuckin show up...jesus:angry:
Another reason was because Dre wanted from Ra to take more 'gangsta' approach. Creative differences. :p

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.