Rah Digga ditches Flipmode Squad

Rah Digga’s decade-long membership of the Busta Rhymes-based Flipmode Squad has come to an end.

The female MC had numerous guest spots during her time with the Flipmode Squad but only released one solo album (Dirty Harriet).

Although she used her many guest features and a steady mixtape campaign to maintain a rep, frustrations boiled over which resulted in her departure from the group.

“We’ve been together for damn near a decade and I haven’t had any success you know, coming out with a follow up album and I just felt like it was time to move on and make different decisions.”

“We are at this stage, Flipmode as a crew, everyone’s been pretty much focused on their own endeavors. Busta’s doing his thing on Aftermath. I mean it was already established before he even got down with Aftermath, it wasn’t gonna be a Flipmode movement over there.”

“I was working on my album at J Records that was supposed to be released in 2003 and then shit went awry with them, so after that I was just pretty much keeping my buzz going in the mixtape circuit. After awhile, I just got a little tired of that. I felt like I was just giving away rhymes and doing whole albums and not making a dime from it.”

The 2003 album initially started as a collaboration with her husband, Young Zee, but evolved into a fully fledged solo outing.

Rah Digga switched from J-Records to Koch which inevitably compounded scheduling difficulties.

In her efforts she has simultaneously pursued an acting career. She appeared in Thirteen Ghosts and is due to start filming another project in April.

Her next album, Sucker Free, will be released through iTunes in Summer.

Aspiring artists who would like to feature on her next mixtape should visit her website www.rahdiggamusic.com in the coming weeks – she is launching a competition to earn a guest spot on her next musical outing.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.