Raekwon Signed To Aftermath?

THEV1LL4N

Chef Raekwon Officially Aftermath ?!

According to Raekwons people we can officially confirm that Chef Raekwon has inked a deal with Dr. Dres Aftermath Entertainment. While details are still sketchy, we can confirm that the papers were signed last week.

It was already known that Dr. Dre and Raekwon had worked together on the highly anticipated "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" project, an initiative of Busta Rhymes who is also an Executive Producer of the record with RZA.

"Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II" will be a co-production between Aftermath and Wu-Tang. Whether this is the Wu Music Group or Wu-Tang Productions is not known yet.

RZA has yet to confirm the rest of the details.

This is truly history in the making...

(Source:www.shadybase.com)

Sandeep14 said:
Chef Raekwon Officially Aftermath ?!

According to Raekwons people we can officially confirm that Chef Raekwon has inked a deal with Dr. Dres Aftermath Entertainment. While details are still sketchy, we can confirm that the papers were signed last week.

It was already known that Dr. Dre and Raekwon had worked together on the highly anticipated "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" project, an initiative of Busta Rhymes who is also an Executive Producer of the record with RZA.

"Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II" will be a co-production between Aftermath and Wu-Tang. Whether this is the Wu Music Group or Wu-Tang Productions is not known yet.

RZA has yet to confirm the rest of the details.

This is truly history in the making...

(Source:www.shadybase.com)
I just saw the same text on Wu-Tang Corp. site. Rae joined the maschine. I wish him to boost sales because it was obviously the reason behind this move. His glory days are over.

AmerikazMost

troublesome2004 said:
They will help him like they helped Rakim. :rolleyes:
^ Yeah, but Wu-Tang has mainstream appeal already. They won't feel that they'll have to change as much to sell records. I'm not worried, though I know I could be wrong.

AmerikazMost

Diaz said:
As far as I know most of Cuban Linx II is done... so, this shouldn't affect that album right? :(
Not for the most part, no. Maybe a couple of Dre tracks stuck in there, and other minor changes.

I really think this is strictly a move for promotional power on the part of Raekwon, and the chance for Aftermath to have its label on a possible classic and make some money off it.

7 Syns

Rae over some RZA/Dre beats sounds hot. As long as the concepts are knocking or atleast the rhymes are then I ain't got a problema.

peace.

Rae with Aftermath? Hmmm.. I dont see how it could be bad for him.. I doubt Rae will change his flow since its pretty much been the same for like 10+ years.. Hopefully he gets more album sales this way since his last one didnt sell to much.

Tupac Tha Great said:
If Raekwon released an album half produced by RZA and Dr Dre i would be very happy.
If that happened then yeah that would be great but the problem with signing to Aftermath is it takes years to release an album.

Shot 21

Aftermath aint that bad. As long as he doesnt put 50 on a hook. Have Wu Tang still got beef with him anyway? The last I heard they dissed him on The W.

DPG iz all I C said:
If that happened then yeah that would be great but the problem with signing to Aftermath is it takes years to release an album.
Yea, I got a feeling Cuban Link 2 wont drop till like late '07 the earliest...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.