Radio Singles

How do rappers and music people get there single for the radio to all the stations around the U.S and the country? Do they email the mp3 out or do they have to print that many disc so send to every station out there? I was just thinken about this. I would think it would be easyer to get the emailing list and send it to all of them like that.

I'd assume that what happens is CDs containing the single are mailed out to various radio stations across the nation(s).

Probably wrong though :thumb:

I think the record labels send the single CD to a thrid party, who then distributes them to all the local radio stations nationwide. The money is then deducted from the artists' royalties.

i would think they send it to the parent companies like clear channel and such who own multiple stations and the company then distributes them to their stations.

absolut_dreII said:
I think the record labels send the single CD to a thrid party, who then distributes them to all the local radio stations nationwide. The money is then deducted from the artists' royalties.
yep. but promotional cds r the best :D
u get radio edit/dirty/instrumental/ and sometimes acapellas on em too ;)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.