R Kelly Ditches Ne-Yo

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
R.Kelly has chucked Ne-Yo off their joint headline tour in the States, after just two shows.

Though the "I Believe I Can Fly" star is denying this. His spokesman told MTV News: “This was a contractual issue between Ne-Yo and the promoter, not Kelly's decision at all.”

However Ne-Yo- who has written hits for Beyonce and Rihanna- released a statement saying: “I don’t understand their actions because I was rehearsing, doing media, promoting the tour, and performing.”

His spokesman cryptically revealed: “He was informed that he was being dropped from the rest of the R Kelly tour after delivering two sensational performances….Ne-Yo’s performances brought the heat; but maybe it brought too much heat.”

Back in 2004 R.Kelly fell out with Jay-Z while on their joint tour ending in the cancellation of gigs.

Source: MTV UK

Rowe Entertainment, Inc., National Promoter of R. Kelly's Nine Week ``Double Up'' Tour, Announces Changes in Tour Line-up
Wednesday November 21, 4:29 pm ET

ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leonard Rowe, president of Rowe Entertainment announces that the tour line up has changed for the nine-week long DOUBLE UP TOUR which currently features R. Kelly, Keyshia Cole, and J. Holiday.

Def Jam Recordings’ R&B vocalist, Ne-Yo, was a part of the line-up through Thursday, November 15th. It was Rowe Entertainment’s decision to revamp the line-up, minus the Def Jam Recordings’ artist, because Rowe Entertainment could not obtain the final, fully-executed contract from Ne-Yo’s agent. The decision to release Ne-Yo was made solely by Leonard Rowe the national tour promoter. Contrary to previously published reports, R. Kelly exerted no influence upon Leonard Rowe’s decision.

“From a business perspective, it would have been extremely difficult for me to continue under this cloud of uncertainty. Unfortunately it was decided that in the best interest of all involved, since I was unable to receive the fully-executed contract, I had no other alternative but to release Ne-Yo from the tour,” said Leonard Rowe. “We are currently surveying the availability of other artists in order to fill this void.”

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071121/20071121005657.html?.v=1

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.